Classroom, Inc. is seeking a talented Communications Lead to join our team in a part-time role (approximately 16 hours/week) to strengthen relationships with external stakeholders by writing and designing compelling donor communications across print and digital platforms. Classroom, Inc. has been a pioneer in educational technology for 25 years. By creating learning games that invite kids to become the leader in a professional workplace, we have helped more than 775,000 students build critical literacy and leadership skills as they learn to read closely, write clearly, solve problems, and collaborate with their peers.
You have excellent writing and strong graphic design skills, demonstrated experience in digital marketing and communications, and are passionate about educational equity. You have experience generating stories, and can translate your colleagues’ work into exciting narratives for a variety of audiences. You are highly organized, able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and can collaborate effectively across development, program, product, and research teams.
Director of Development
- Generate compelling, engaging content that highlights the diverse activities of the organization for multiple audiences.
- Create and execute campaigns designed to acquire, engage, and retain donors, including a quarterly newsletter.
- Design online/printed materials such as program overviews, impact case studies, and giving menus.
- Create social media and website content specifically targeted to donors, coordinating with the Product Marketing Manager who leads social media and website strategy.
- Drive development of new content by working closely with the program team to identify compelling constituent stories for use in print materials, emails, blog posts, and videos.
- Identify data-driven strategies to improve donor communications.
- Exceptional writing skills
- Graphic design skills: Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator
- Social media management: Facebook, Twitter, Google Analytics
- Email marketing: Mailchimp
- MS Office / Google Suite
- Salesforce / Edmodo / WordPress / Video Editing / Crowdfunding platforms
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Lead” as the subject.