Uncommon Schools (Uncommon) is seeking a Senior Associate Director of Development to join the organization’s fundraising and development operations. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, and working closely with other members of the Uncommon Schools team, the Senior Associate Director of Development will be a major gifts officer responsible for executing activities associated with identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding a new portfolio of individual donors. The Senior Associate Director will help define and implement the development strategy for one or more Uncommon regions and lead, manage, cultivate, and steward a portfolio of donor relationships and associated fundraising-related activities (e.g. data management, events, etc.) to help reach ambitious campaign goals.
The Senior Associate Director of Development, with support and guidance from the Senior Director of Development, will be responsible for raising private philanthropy necessary to: 1) start and scale a fast growing and high performing network of public charter schools; 2) acquire, build, and renovate state-of-the-art school facilities; and 3) implement key organizational initiatives in one or more Uncommon regions, as well as the Uncommon Home Office (central office). The Senior Associate Director will be joining a team that supports the development needs of Uncommon’s 52 (and growing) network of schools and Home Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The position requires a high-energy, smart, detail-oriented, hard-working leader who can contribute to and support the strategic vision of the organization and build deep and lasting relationships with donors and prospects. Candidates will be team players who are responsive to the organization’s evolving needs and willing to do whatever it takes to ensure team and organizational success. The Senior Associate Director will solicit major gifts in the six- and seven-figure range.
Initiatives on which the Senior Associate Director may work include but are not limited to:
- Raising individual major gifts for:
- Uncommon’s schools as they track toward sustainability on the public dollar;
- Capital needs as part of an Uncommon campaign;
- Key special projects and campaigns that will drive innovation across the organization.
- Playing a leadership role in closing major gifts for Uncommon’s first campaign to support our next phase of growth.
- Identifying, cultivating, and stewarding development prospects.
- Developing events to engage current and future donors in work.
- Building a pipeline for Uncommon’s next generation of major donors.
- Performing other related duties as required and assigned.
- Strong commitment to the organizational mission.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 4-7 years of substantive work experience with increasing responsibility in non-profit development and/or education.
- Experience identifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing, and stewarding major gifts.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and ability to move and communicate seamlessly and effectively among and between varied audiences (e.g. donors/foundations, board members, school leaders, team members, Uncommon Executive Team members, etc.).
- Presence and poise in both group and one-on-one settings.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to tracking donor data and using data to drive decision making.
- Very strong organizational skills; excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible; able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.
How to Apply
Apply online: https://uncommonschools.secure.force.com/careers/