KEES has been exclusively retained by A Better Chance in its search of a passionate and highly skilled Major Gifts Officer (MGO)and an equally passionate and experienced Alumni Relations Manager (ARM) to implement and grow engagement plans with its donors and alumni.
Over the last 54 years, A Better Chance has been a driving force in the effort to increase educational attainment among youth of color. With its historic signature program, the College Preparatory School Program, A Better Chance identifies, recruits, and annually places more than 500 academically talented students into over 300 of the most rigorous and prestigious independent day schools, boarding schools, and public schools in the country. Over 15,000 alumni nationally contribute to leadership positions in their respective communities.
In an effort to grow and expend its philanthropy across the county, A Better Chance seeks an independent starter to fill the position of a Major Gifts Officer at its headquarters and to manage a portfolio of 125-150 donors, who primarily reside on the east coast. The MGO will create gift strategies for each donor in an assigned portfolio; develop and implement a communications strategy for segmented parts of the portfolio and work in close collaboration with peer MGOs and development staff to carry out overall department initiatives.
In the newly created position of Alumni Relations Manager, A Better Chance seeks a highly motived and engaged professional to create and implement a plan to increase alumni interaction through personal connections, social media and the development of other engagement tools. The ARM will play an integral role on the development team and will be responsible for creating philanthropic opportunities with alumni.
Click on the Apply Link below to see additional information about the positions
Some Requirements Include:
- Passion for the mission of A Better Chance, as well as a strong commitment to the growth of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree and/or CFRE preferred.
- Minimum of four years of experience in a nonprofit fundraising, development or alumni relations role.
- Highly effective interpersonal, conversational and presentational skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse individuals, including executives, high-level volunteers, wealthy donors, and internal stakeholders and leadership.
- Great comfort level with direct donor and alumni interaction is a must, including discussions of personal and family finances and asking for major financial commitments.
- Willingness and ability to travel. Valid Driver’s License required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, hands-on experience with donor management software (e.g., Raiser’s Edge, MyEmma and Eventbrite).
- Additional requirements for each position can be found by clicking on the application link
Both positions offer a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
A Better Chance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
KEES (Kistner Eddy Executive Services) is a retained search firm that builds transformative teams and leaders in the nonprofit and public sectors. For more information, please visit www.kees2success.com.
A Better Chance was founded in 1963 during the height of the civil rights movement with the commitment to increase the participation of students of color in independent day and boarding schools. Its mission today is to increase substantially the number of well-educated young people of color who are capable of assuming positions of responsibility and leadership in American society. For more information, please visit www.abetterchance.org.
How to Apply
Candidates must complete the online application at http://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/openings and thereon submit their cover letter and resume.
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.
This search is being managed by Sue Bultman, Consultant, and Heather Eddy, President and CEO of KEES. Questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.