San Francisco State University is seeking an energetic, collaborative and creative development professional to join our Development Research and Prospect Management team and its expanding development effort.
The Senior Development Research and Management Analyst plays a key role in the planning and implementation of the university’s major gifts program and campaign(s) by providing information and analysis on various funding sources. The Senior Analyst is a strategic partner with fundraisers, providing relevant information to help facilitate strategy development, engagement and solicitation, and tracking of prospective and current donors. The Senior Analyst independently and proactively identifies/qualifies prospective individual, foundation and corporate donors to support the university’s priorities and objectives and to meet the university’s fundraising goals. The Senior Analyst position requires superior analytical skills, excellent communication and reporting skills, and an ability to prioritize work and handle multiple deadlines and priorities. The Senior Analyst also handles sensitive and confidential information on a daily basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., communications, journalism, history, political science, library/information sciences, finance, and marketing) and/or equivalent training and research work experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in and advanced knowledge of methods, procedures, concepts and sources for prospect research and statistical analysis, data mining and the ability to apply them.
- Demonstrated capacity for pursuing creative approaches to achieving critical research and prospect management solutions.
- Advanced skills to synthesize a large volume of information from a variety of sources and perform complex analysis to interpret financial data, assets and individual wealth indicators, and to identify philanthropic patterns, as well as relationships among individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Demonstrated skill in writing and editing logical, detailed analytical reports.
- Outstanding ability to assess, organize and plan work; able to meet multiple deadlines while working on several projects simultaneously.
- Critical thinker with ability to understand the big picture and develop strategic solutions; curious, open-minded, resilient and flexible.
- Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit.
- Strong interpersonal skills, interviewing and listening; ability to use tact and diplomacy and maintain high level of confidentiality; comfort and experience communicating with individuals from diverse backgrounds by phone, electronically and in person.
- Maintains confidentiality and appropriate use of sensitive/private information.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $62,880 - $69,000 Annually
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
SF State offers a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employees.
SF State is an Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act employer and has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity.
How to Apply
For the full job description and to apply, visit http://bit.ly/sfsujobs . Please note that cover letters and resumes MUST be uploaded together in a single document. Only applications submitted through SF State’s website will be reviewed. The Job ID is 9577.