On behalf of the ELCA, Global Mission stewards relationships with companions in every corner of the globe; funds long-term, sustainable health and development projects; responds to international disasters; listens to companion church bodies and supports companion priorities by sending global personnel and through program grants and leadership development opportunities; and receives the gifts of Christian witness from the global church to build our own capacity in the United States.
The Global Mission Unit drives the ELCA’s engagement with global companion churches and partners in the areas of international relief and development, evangelism, leadership development and institutional capacity building. Recognizing the importance of qualitative and quantitative rigor in data analysis, this position will enable GM to deliver on critical impact reporting by:
1)Managing programmatic information with a focus on analysis of and reporting on impact data.
2)Managing Global Mission PME processes, and collaboratively strengthening PME processes, tools and staff capacity.
3)Manage Global Mission’s on-going interface with a new grant software system for monitoring and reporting purposes.
Director of Unit Operations and Programs, Global Mission Unit
1. Data Analysis and Reporting (Data Management):
- Gather impact data from grantsupported projects and programs;
- Generate programmatic analysis of project/program data for monitoring, evaluation, and reporting purposes
- Disseminate analysis for the purpose of programmatic improvement and growth, learning, and sharing of best practices
- Manage CWO operational planning, learning and impact reporting processes
2. Grants Software System Management (Data Management):
- Interface with IT on behalf of the Global Mission unit to ensure the grant software system meets the unit’s needs.
- Manage the rollout of and training for grant software system implementation
- Manage, the daytoday data input/output from the grant software system, identify gaps, and facilitate revisions to database forms and fields
3. PME Training, Collaboration, and Resource Development (Program Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation):
- Evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of existing PME processes and tools
- Modify existing PME tools, and developing new PME tools and training resources/materials
- Facilitate PME trainings across teams and units
4. Other duties, as assigned.
International and domestic travel up to 40 days per year. Occasional driving required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in program management, participatory methodologies, PME and data analysis, especially quantitative data and reporting on roll-up indicators.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Detail oriented. Excellent organizational skills, thorough, able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong cross-cultural competencies and interpersonal/relational skills
- Understanding of and commitment to the vision, spirit and mission of the ELCA, ability to articulate and operate within the accompaniment theology for mission, and knowledge of international development and humanitarian relief issues and trends
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
How to Apply
Please complete our online application at http://elca.atsondemand.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=512830.viewjobdetail&CID=512830&JID=600576.
You can contact Andrea Young at email@example.com with questions.