Organization: California Interfaith Power & Light (CIPL) is a statewide organization of nearly 700 member congregations mobilizing the religious community in the fight to halt global warming. CIPL facilitates that action through energy conservation and renewable energy programs, education and outreach, and policy advocacy. Established 18 years ago, CIPL provided the model for the Interfaith Power & Light national campaign, which now has 35 active state affiliates. CIPL is a program of The Regeneration Project, which is the home of the Interfaith Power & Light national campaign.
This is an opportunity to join a unique and dynamic organization in a key role. It is a full time position based in our San Francisco office.
Current areas of focus for the California IPL Program Manager include leading a new initiative to support 10 San Francisco congregations to help them reach near-zero carbon emissions, and engaging faith communities statewide in a major international climate summit in San Francisco this fall.
- Lead San Francisco Low Carbon Congregations program
- Develop and implement annual program plan, together with So Cal outreach director
- Work with executive director to ensure strategic goals are being met
- Engage and work collaboratively with volunteer steering committee representing multiple faith traditions and regions throughout the state
- With executive team, support development efforts to secure and grow annual program budget
- Recruit congregations of all major faith traditions to join CIPL and to act on climate
- Manage policy advocacy efforts, including organizing annual clergy lobby day
- Organize outreach and educational events, including annual “Cool Climate” awards event
- Promote CIPL message and congregational efforts in the news media
- Work collaboratively with Southern California outreach director, interns and volunteers
- Perform administrative duties related to membership and programs
- B.A. or B.S.
- At least four years organizing or community outreach experience, and/or three years campaign or project management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of environmental issues particularly climate change
- Experience in fundraising, individual or institutional
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong overall communication skills, including public speaking and facility in building relationships with new contacts
- Ability to work well independently, and as part of a team
- Proficiency with basic word processing and spreadsheet programs
Additional Helpful Qualifications:
- Experience working in the religious community, preferably interfaith or interdenominational
- Experience with online database software, Adobe suite, and Web design programs
- Experience or knowledge of carbon footprint calculation protocols, energy efficiency, and greenbuilding techniques
Competitive nonprofit salary with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan and generous vacation time.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter by March 19 to:
California Program Manager Search
c/o Suzanne Burrows
Visit our web site at: www.interfaithpower.org