High Jump, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing academic enrichment to talented middle school students with limited income, is seeking an energetic and innovative individual with strong leadership and organizational skills to oversee the High Jump program at one campus with 120 students. The Campus Director is responsible for training and supervising site faculty, typically between 12 to 25 staff members; creating a culture of achievement; developing meaningful relationships with families; recruiting and managing volunteers; refining and implementing curricula; recruiting and selecting students; coordinating campus logistics; and playing an integral role in High Jump’s ongoing program and organizational development.
This position reports directly to the Program Director.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the High Jump program at one campus
- Serve as a leader and spokesperson for the campus
- Build high-quality relationships with school and community partners
- Coordinate program activities and key events including the Parent and Student Orientation, overnight student leadership retreat, educational field trips, the Academic Expo, and the Moving Up Ceremony
- Manage site budget, purchase materials needed for program, track all expenses, create monthly expense reports and oversee timesheet compliance
- Manage reenrollment process for returning students
- Manage schedules of academic program and all faculty members
- Supervise teachers, teacher assistants, interns, and volunteers
- Facilitate pre-planning and post wrap-up session meetings and regularly scheduled faculty meetings
- Conduct teacher observations, offer instructional support, and track curriculum
- Track academic progress of all students
- Maintain contact with students and their families through regular phone/e-mail communication and on-campus events
- Facilitate parent/teacher conference meetings
- Oversee submission of student grades and evaluation reports by teachers for all students
- Recruit students through school and community presentations and by developing relationships with key contacts in youth organizations and schools
- Organize and execute recruitment events: community and educator forums
- Participate in the selection and admissions of students
- Assist Executive Director and Development Director with Board of Trustees and donor relations
The role requires three to five years of teaching and/or leadership experience in a school or out-of-school-time organization. She/he must be committed to, and have experience working with under served youth and passionate teachers. Strong leadership and organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and handle high-pressure situations. She/he should have outstanding interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. A commitment to the High Jump mission and vision are essential. Flexibility, a sense of humor, high energy, and dedication to collaboration are all desired qualities. Familiarity with Content Management and Learning Management Systems are a plus. A bachelor’s degree is required.
Campus Directors are expected to make a commitment of at least two years and work on Saturdays twice a month, September through April.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the online application and submit in .pdf or .doc format a cover letter, résumé, three references and salary history (https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/index.php?/job/apply&clientkey=3E563E597FD948E6EECAC27D3C7A6A18&job=21603&jpt=). No phone calls please.