Texas CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) is the membership organization that provides financial assistance, training and technical support to the 71 local CASA volunteer advocacy programs serving foster children in 217 counties throughout Texas. Texas CASA is a leader in working to assure sound public policies on issues affecting the child welfare system, the well-being of children in state care and other policy areas related to our mission.
The Creative Multimedia Developer and Trainer will join a dynamic team that creates educational materials and events for Texas CASA and the statewide network of local CASA programs, including e- learning courses, videos, interactive curricula, guides, and virtual and instructor-led trainings.
They will lead digital instruction and transform scripted content into interactive, visually appealing online learning content comprised of graphic design, animation, video and interactive games and quizzes. This role also directly handles all post-production work, including editing and integration to the Learning Management System (LMS). Additionally, they will provide in-person trainings and learning events that engage, educate and inspire staff and advocates in the statewide CASA network.
The Creative Multimedia Developer and Trainer reports directly to the Education and Training Executive Director.
- Works collaboratively as a core member of the instructional design team to research, design and deliver exceptional educational materials across multiple platforms;
- Drives development of interactive digital content, including e-learning courses, video, audio, animation, graphic design, and interactive games and quizzes;
- Provides expert use of Adobe Creative Suite, Videoscribe or similar whiteboard animation software, Final Cut Pro or similar video editing software, and Audacity or similar audio editing software;
- Acquires ongoing training and use of e-learning authoring tools and Learning Management Systems (such as Blackboard, Canvas, Camtasia, Storyline, etc.)
- Conferences with Subject Matter Experts to identify learning goals, establish scope, gather information, and hold brainstorming and prototyping meetings;
- Works iteratively to create assets and activities during design process; refines project and deliverables rapidly in response to stakeholder feedback;
- Provides video acting and voiceovers;
- Acquires free or licensed music for use in productions;
- Develops info architecture and navigational text for CASA College, Texas CASA’s existing Learning Management System (LMS) and resource bank;
- Performs A/B testing, product testing and QA for courses;
- Oversees UX, uploads and ongoing functionality for the LMS;
- Nurtures and maintains enthusiastic professional relationships within the statewide CASA network, building communities of practice and a responsive learning ecosystem.
- Stays abreast of the latest innovations in multimedia design and web-based technologies;
- Supports other education initiatives as requested by the Education and Training Executive Director;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Interest in the child welfare system
- Advanced technical skills in multimedia design
- Expert use of Adobe Creative Suite, Videoscribe or similar whiteboard animation software, Final Cut Pro, and audio editing software such as Audacity
- Familiarity with e-learning authoring tools and willingness to attain advanced training
- Experience with design of projects aimed at transforming attitudes, beliefs and behaviors
- Dynamic, engaging training abilities and confident public speaking
- Cultural competency and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
Ability to plan, facilitate and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- At least 4 years of experience working with a variety of electronic mediums
- Submission of portfolio
Must pass background check
- 75% of work will primarily be performed in an office environment requiring ongoing computer use.
- Travel is required 25% of the time throughout the state of Texas. During this time, the employee may be occasionally exposed to a variety of working and environmental conditions.
- Must be able to remain stationary or move about for long periods of time as well as position oneself to move objects, up to 50 pounds, from place to place.
- This position requires frequent communication in a multitude of settings. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
How to Apply
Please forward resume to email@example.com