The Cancer Research Institute is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that raises funds for cancer immunology research from individuals, corporations, and foundations. We provide direct support to cancer scientists through fellowships, grants, and awards. Our mission is to support and coordinate research that will yield an understanding of the immune system and its response to cancer, with the ultimate goal of developing immunological methods for the treatment, control, and prevention of the disease.
Cancer Research Institute is seeking a full-time, permanent Social Media Manager to oversee and execute the social media functions for Cancer Research Institute. The ideal candidate lives and breathes social media, is capable of leveraging social media’s power to drive brand awareness, and is passionate about engaging and growing communities.
Senior Marketing Manager
The social media manager’s tasks will include:
- Growing social audiences and increasing engagement levels
- Developing and implementing social media strategy across multiple channels
- Aligning social campaigns with marketing strategy
- Refining organizational and campaign branding and content for social media
- Defining clear CTAs to drive engagement, website visits, and conversions
- Creating and maintaining monthly content calendar
- Gathering analytics data and presenting insights
- Providing social listening and conversational landscape analysis on a campaign by campaign basis
- Identifying and cultivating relationships with influencers
- Discovering community members with powerful and inspiring stories
- Engaging with Facebook fundraisers
- Degree in communications, marketing, public health, other relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Experience managing a brand’s social media presence across multiple platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Ability to set up, track, and analyze paid social media campaigns
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Good grasp of effective visuals on social media
- Facility in prioritizing multiple projects and deadlines
- Knowledge of and strong interest in cancer research, the patient experience, and donor motivation preferred
How to Apply
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and links to social media accounts you have managed to Alice Northover, senior marketing manager, at email@example.com.