UpStart inspires and empowers leaders to dream, build, and grow bold initiatives that enhance the vitality of Jewish life. Over the last ten years, UpStart has been a leading engine of Jewish innovation, empowering organizations to take risks, develop creative engagement strategies, and maximize the potential of their community-changing ideas.
UpStart is seeking a Board Liaison and Executive Assistant to support our executive office, board members and UpStart innovators. Reporting to the CEO, this person will be part of a dynamic and growing organization.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer including scheduling, calendar management, expense report management, invitation coordination, and travel coordination
- Organize logistics for, and communications with, the Board of Directors
- Prepare materials and support for Board and relevant committee meetings
- Manage ongoing relationships with Board members
- Coordinate meetings, including attendee management, materials preparation, room set-up, and resolution of issues
- Maintain filing systems
- Support preparation for CEO’s meetings with key stakeholders
- Assists with special projects and other general office tasks as needed
Skills and experience:
- A Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in Executive Admin roles in a Jewish, nonprofit, or entrepreneurial setting
- Proficient in Google suite
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of the Jewish communal landscape, Jewish issues, and/or the larger field of entrepreneurship and innovation
- Experience managing and coordinating multiple projects
- Credibility and integrity
- Positive attitude, high degree of professionalism, diplomacy and tact
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects, and to work both within teams and independently
- High standards of excellence, including extraordinary organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with unanticipated opportunities
- Adaptable to change, both organizational and technological
- Passionate about UpStart’s mission and the work of our innovators
- Committed to UpStart’s values of empathy, optimism, collaboration, and risk-taking
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please send the following to Careers@upstartlab.org with the subject: UpStart Board Liaison and Executive Assistant. Include: Resume and a cover letter that communicates why you would be a "fit" for the position.