Become a part of an exciting and dynamic organization that makes a difference in the lives of homeless and trafficked youth. Covenant House California offers an excellent benefits package in a supportive work environment. Benefits include: medical, vision, dental, pension, tax deferred annuity and a generous vacation package.
Covenant House California (CHC) is a non-profit agency whose mission is to serve homeless and trafficked youth (18-24) to offer safety, hope and opportunities to move forward.
Covenant House Oakland is seeking to hire a Wellness Director to provide clinical supervision and support to our Residential Services; Safe Haven (emergency shelter), Rites of Passage(transitional living), Rapid Re-Housing and the Wellness Center that includes drop in and street outreach engagement. We are looking for applicants that have experience working with youth that have experienced homelessness, with traumatic histories, trafficked youth, identify as LGBTQ, are gender non-conforming and/or whom often face multiple issues and have complex needs. This person will have knowledge and/or experience working with youth development programs, within a harm reduction framework, using trauma informed practices and will value working with a multi-disciplinary team to create a safe inclusive environment for all.
The Wellness Director provides direct clinical leadership to the continuum of services we offer to our programs in Northern California. This would include clinical case management supervision, training, supervision and oversight of the Wellness Center and the services offered within it. The Wellness Director will work in collaboration with the Residential Director to ensure that assessments, service planning, documentation and interdisciplinary teamwork to appropriately engage and work with the young people we serve. The Wellness Director supports day to day operations of our Wellness Center and Street Outreach efforts, as well as organizes implements building-wide training for all staff positions. The Wellness Director will also work to enhance and specialize our work and programming for trafficked youth. The position also assists in ensuring that documentation, data tracking and reports for case management contracts and grants are prepared accurately and timely. The Wellness Director works with other CHC managers on integration across all programs, sites and services.
Senior Vice President of Bay Area Programs
- Day to day operations and leadership to ensure the quality of services at CHC including on-going training and clinical support of the case managers and outreach team.
- The Wellness Director works with several interdisciplinary teams for continued program enhancement and integration across agency programs.
- Leadership and direction for the continued enhancement of youth intake, assessment and service planning that considers youth experience first and collects needed data for grants and contracts as well as using CHC policy and procedures.
- In collaboration with the Residential Director works to provide timely, accurate and thorough documentation of direct services to youth through paper files, HMIS, ETO and TCM.
- Ensures that our services and interventions are trauma-informed and within a harm reduction framework.
- Oversees and coordinates our Wellness Center Drop-In services to include the medical clinic, legal services and other partnerships serving our youth in the Wellness Center space.
- Ensures the safe, appropriate delivery of our services on street outreach to young people still living on the streets. Create opportunities to collaborate with community efforts, that the team is adequately trained and prepared, and safety plans and harm reduction interventions are a part of the service delivery.
- Ensures that CHC is adequately and consistently represented in community, service provider meetings related to direct services.
- Acts as a community expert for coordinating outside resources, linkages and advocacy for CHC youth services.
- Is responsible for training program staff regarding mental health and substance use with a harm reduction, trauma informed, and housing first approach. Creates and facilitates site training calendar.
- Is responsible to ensure that in-house support services are efficiently and effectively coordinated.
- Ensures updated referral guides are available to case management staff.
- Participates as part of the management on-call team.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Requires a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology (or related field)
EXPERIENCE: 5 years of experience in mental health, youth services and/or residential setting (preferably with runaway and homeless youth).
SKILLS: Clinical knowledge and skills working with homeless and trafficked youth 18-24. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team approach. Community resource expert. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written form.
How to Apply
To apply please use the following link: