Join WETA's dynamic team of development professionals as the Manager, Development Operations.
Responsibilities include managing timely and accurate completion of daily input and reporting of fundraising and other data into software program; and managing team and workflow.
Manage and supervise staff and daily workflow of Data Processing, including heavy emphasis on back office management of sustainer giving program.
- Manage daily web services portal data: (1) clean up and processing of Engaging Networks data, (2) process payments for special funds, (3) review and correct online sustainer updates received in response to outbound marketing. (45% of work time).
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of data input including manual keying and walking of upload batches, daily charge settlements, daily journal reporting to Finance and end-of-month processing for Membership Marketing and Development Services (15%)
- Oversee completion of all quality control procedures, including weekly, monthly, annual and ad hoc files (clean up and corrections assigned to staff or volunteers). (25%)
- Provide support and management to Membership Assistants on all aspects of work as needed. (5%)
- Assure timely, accurate data processing of America's Charities, CFC and other workplace giving contributions (whether live key or via upload); conduct quality review of work as it is keyed or uploaded. (5%)
- Hire, supervise, train, manage and evaluate work of two Membership Assistants to assure compliance with all of WETA's policies and protocols with data handling. (5%)
- Assure accurate labeling and secure storage of files. (<1%)
- Trouble shoot and review rejected and changed payment data from credit card processor. (<1%)
- Edit and maintain documentation for all Data Entry/Processing procedures. (<1%)
- Assure completion of volunteer and event data. (<1%)
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Must have knowledge of non-profit fundraising response processing. College degree preferred, will consider combination of education and experience. Minimum four years of progressively responsible data processing or data entry experience in a non-profit fundraising environment. Front-line telephone, front desk, retail, restaurant or other customer service experience highly desired.
How to Apply
For a full job description or to apply through our online application, please click here to be directed to the careers page at WETA. To confirm that a WETA or PBS NewsHour job posting is under recruitment, please visit our websites for our current job postings list: www.weta.org and www.pbs.org/newshour/.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.