Mission: New Life engages NYC youth in healthy relationships through Academics, Arts, Athletics and Spiritual Formation.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Site Director is responsible for outreach, program development and building supportive and friendly relationships with young people of multi-ethnic backgrounds for the purpose of sharing the Christian faith. Manage business and donor relationships as needed. This role will also provide support to the Executive Director as it relates to executing the mission of New Life of New York City, Inc.
- Maintains strict confidentiality on all organization related matters.
- Meet, interact and relate to teenagers in the community (on the streets, community center, parks, homes, schools, local hang-outs, churches, etc).
- Build relationships with young people for the purpose of sharing the Christian faith.
- Mentor young people, recommend and assist in setting realistic goals in areas such as life, education and career.
- Intervene in emergencies with youth and their families.
- Communicate with parent(s) and/or guardian(s) about youth involvement with New Life programs.
- Organize day and weekend trips, events, outings and camp retreats.
- Train work crew for Young Life camp retreats.
- Organize bible studies, youth discipleship, and club meetings.
- Recruit, train and engage staff, interns and volunteers.
- Develop and submit operating budget for Executive Director's approval.
- Avidly seek and research potential donors and funders.
- Build relationships with donors and funders by engaging by submitting Letters of Inquiry.
- Actively solicit funds through writing and submitting grant proposals.
- Develop fundraising strategies and proactively take necessary steps to generate funds.
- Suggest and/or submit grant proposals every quarter or as often as needed with Executive Director's approval.
- Provide monthly narrative reports to Executive Director on status of goals and objectives.
- Provide weekly site updates with statistics of youth attendance, activities and participation level.
- Document and provide youth progress status in focus areas such as values, self-concept, education, community, family and health.
- Participate in conferences, seminars and training events as required for skill development and as requested by Executive Director.
- Attend Site Director's meetings once a month.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in youth ministry
- Highly detail oriented with ability to prioritize tasks independently, accurately complete work under tight deadlines, and provide timely and accurate responses to data requests
- Excellent leadership, planning, strong oral and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, analytical and attention to detail
- Team player, self-starter with the ability to work independently and demonstrate a high level of professionalism and tact
- Advanced computer skills: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Strong data management skills and social media platform knowledge a plus
- Analytical – collects and researches data
- Problem Solving – gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Technical Capacity
- Oral Communication – listens and obtains clarification
- Team Work – contributes to building a positive team spirit and work environment
- Written Communication – writes clearly and informatively
- Diversity Ethics – treats all people with respect; high level integrity and upholds organizational values
- Judgment – willingness to make decisions, accept responsibility, proactive
- Professionalism – works well under pressure
- Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Time management
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in an after-school center environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers as well as recreational games.
This is largely an active role. The role requires the ability to bend or stand as necessary and physically interact with the youth.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 12:00 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Some local day and overnight travel (camp, conferences, training etc.) is expected for this position.
How to Apply
Please email the following items to email@example.com
- Resume and Cover Letter including salary requirements
- Description of your demonstrated Christian commitment
- Three references, one of which must be from a Church Pastor