Outreach and Operations Associate, Medicare Rights Center, New York, NY
The Medicare Rights Center (www.medicarerights.org) is a national, nonprofit consumer service organization that works to ensure access to affordable health care for older adults and people with disabilities through counseling and advocacy, educational programs and public policy initiatives. Medicare Rights’ unique blend of direct service, advocacy, education and policy work ensures that real consumer experiences reach the highest levels of policymaking, and that policies and laws adopted at state and federal levels are translated for consumers and effectively implemented. Each year, Medicare Rights answers more than three million questions for older adults, people with disabilities, caregivers, and professionals through helpline and web-based assistance, and collaborates with diverse stakeholders to improve the Medicare program for this and future generations.
The Position—Outreach and Operations Associate
Medicare Rights is seeking a full-time Outreach and Operations Associate. This person will be responsible for organizational list management and maintenance, with specific focus on the donor database and fundraising activities. He or she will manage direct-mail and e-mail fundraising campaigns. The Associate will serve as the Customer Representative, assisting prospective and current customers with questions and problems as they arise, regarding Medicare Rights’ educational products. He or she will also coordinate all aspects of educational presentation requests. As part of the Operations team, the Associate will provide administrative and clerical support across the organization and assist with special projects.
- Oversee the integrity and accuracy of organizational lists, databases and related technologies including, but not limited to MailChimp, Salsa Labs, and Salesforce
- Generate revenue reports and other key donor and funder activity or revenue-related data to support financial, earned income, and fundraising efforts and track results
- Assist the Vice President, Communications & Outreach with all phases of donor and Outreach partner communications, particularly managing the logistics of direct-mail and e-mail fundraising campaigns
- Manage requests for presentations, including correspondence with partners, assistance in delegating staff presenters, scheduling presentations, and tracking outcomes
- Serve as the Customer Representative, assisting prospective and current customers (online and by phone) with questions and problems regarding Medicare Rights’ educational products
- Prepare letters and supplementary materials required for Outreach and contracts (both private and public), donor mailings, partner invoices and reports
- Perform daily donor data and revenue quality control, including review and modification of data entry regularly and review processes for data entry. Original data entry may also be required
- Maintain and devise as needed protocols to ensure consistent and accurate data is used in the software systems and direct mail, email and other forms of communications
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will be a flexible, enthusiastic, highly organized individual with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively and work in a highly collaborative environment. Specific qualifications include the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum: 2 to 3 years of clerical/admin support positions
- Preferred: 2 to 3 years of work experience preferably in a fundraising, development operations, advancement services or customer service or related field, particularly in a non-profit environment
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Medicare Rights Center offers a generous benefits package.
- Excellent computer skills required: facility with Microsoft Office and proficiency in database and listserv maintenance. Knowledge of Salsa and MailChimp a plus.
- Solid experience and understanding of CRM and email marketing platforms is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills: possess the ability to communicate and liaise effectively with colleagues, donors, government offices, and vendors and work well within a team environment
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to work productively in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, and collaborative environment and independently manage a multi-faceted workload and meet strict deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must; sensitivity when working with highly confidential information and ability to maintain complete discretion at all times
- Proven ability to plan and manage a variety of projects and high work volume: must work well under pressure, prioritize, show flexibility, and solve problems creatively
- Demonstrated aptitude for analyzing and interpreting data and systems: ability to identify areas to increase efficiency a plus
How to Apply
The Medicare Rights Center is committed to diversity, and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Outreach and Operations Associate” in the subject line. Cover letter files should be labeled “Last Name – Cover Letter,” and resumes should be labeled “Last Name – Resume.” No phone calls, please.