Please see complete job description.
Elgin Community College (ECC) is a comprehensive, fully accredited community college located in Elgin, Illinois, one of its most rapidly growing cities. Our district encompasses 360 square miles, serving 400,000 people, 11,000 businesses with four public school districts and 15 high schools. ECC was selected as one of five Illinois community colleges to participate in the national Achieving the Dream (AtD) initiative. is a long-term national initiative that collaborates with community colleges to help more students earn degrees, complete certificates, or transfer to four-year institutions to continue their studies. The park-like setting of our 145 acre Main Campus offers instruction spanning nine major buildings with beautiful views. ECC also offers classes throughout the northwest suburbs of Chicago with more than 100 off-campus locations.
- Responsible for leading and executing advancement services functions of the Institutional Advancement department and the Elgin Community College Foundation, a separately incorporated charitable organization. Serves as executive assistant to the Executive Director and recording secretary to the Foundation's Board of Directors, a 24-member body of independent volunteers, as well as the Emeritus Directors. Responsible for confidentiality, proper handling, and processing of all donor gifts in all forms, including cash, check, online credit card, stock, in-kind, and other, following appropriate designations and providing appropriate charitable acknowledgment in a timely basis dependent on gift type. Work is performed under minimal supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and decision-making skills.
- Essential Responsibilities:
- Leading projects with other members of the department team, serves as database administrator, including import/export of data from other systems; data integrity and health updates for NCOA, duplicate identification, and merge as needed. Responsible for project timeline and milestones.
- Using CRM, completes appropriate gift handling and donation processing of all gift types (including cash, online, credit card, check, stock, in-kind, and other), designations, and pledge installment sequencing; provides timely and appropriate gift acknowledgement based on gift type and payment status;, and donor and financial record/file management.
- Manages vendor relationship with Blackbaud (including The Raiser's Edge, Target Analytics, and Blackbaud Merchant Services) to evaluate new software upgrades and modules, resolve system support issues and escalated software support questions.
- Creates, updates, and provides online gift processing and credit card acceptance web interface for general donations, special appeals, and events as needed.
- Manages operations for Board of Directors, serving as recording secretary for the full Board, Executive Committee and Finance and Investment Committee.
- Serves as Executive Assistant to the Executive Director. Manages all administrative and organization work of the office of Institutional Advancement and Foundation. Performs research and preparation of documents and reports for Board and Cabinet.
- Completes department accounting activities.
- Creates and maintains documented procedures for staff and students related to regular functions of the department.
- Interviews, trains, and organizes workflow of 2-3 student workers who provide data entry, phone coverage, and other administrative support to this role and the department.
- Associate's degree (AA) in business or computer science or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of progressively responsible administrative and professional experience in working with executive level constituents.
- Proficient with Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge customer relations database software or similar package.
- Excellent customer service skills and superior phone etiquette.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access.
- Ability to follow test plans for system upgrades and enhancements.
- Ability to collect, validate, and analyze data, create reports, and make recommendations on processes, campaigns, etc.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and streamline processes and procedures while maintaining quality and accuracy.
- Knowledge of accounting principles with a minimum of (1) year of bookkeeping experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, capable of managing multiple projects amid frequent disruptions while organizing and overseeing work of student workers and contracted vendors.
- Ability to comprehend and put into practice local, state and federal regulations
- Ability to maintain confidential information and exhibit the highest level of ethical and professional behavior.
- Knowledge of ERP and payment processing systems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
For a detailed job posting and to apply, please visit our web site at: https://jobs.elgin.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52486
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.
How to Apply
Please apply online: