The Development Assistant is responsible for all administrative aspects of development operations and donor relations at the Preserve.
Scope and Impact: The Development Assistant position plays an important role in the Development Office. The position is an integral member of the Development Department. The position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Development Office, and participating in all fundraising activities including donor and public relations, direct mail appeals, membership, and special events.
- Manage and maintain the confidential donor database. Continually update and correct database records. Support others in the use of Raiser’s Edge software.
- Coordinate database updates and keep current on advances in database management software.
- Process all charitable contributions and prepare acknowledgement letters, membership cards and other correspondence in a timely manner.
- Balance with accounts receivable and prepare deposit slips.
- Create and analyze reports/queries from Raiser’s Edge.
- Provide administrative support for the Development Office.
- Manage all mailing lists and invitation lists. Coordinate mailings of invitations, appeals, newsletters, submissions, etc.
- Maintain verbal and written communication with internal and external constituents.
- Manage and process matching gifts.
- Assist in the coordination of Development Department volunteers and prepare committee materials.
- Attend events as assigned. Assist with event materials, preparation, banking needs, set-up, clean-up and other duties as assigned for fund-raising events.
- Two or more years of experience in gift processing, non-profit development and/or membership, database management. Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Two or more years of experience preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to analyze, evaluate, record, and report information clearly, concisely, and accurately.
- Must have excellent and proven organization, communication (verbal and written), and customer service skills.
- Must have good problem-solving skills and pay strong attention to detail
- Must be accurate, accountable, and be able to maintain donor confidentiality
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently, adhering to deadlines with little direction, and be able to work well as part of a team.
- Familiarity with a variety of software programs and applications a bonus (e.g. Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, Facebook, Twitter, and/or website management applications, Word Press preferred).
- Familiarity with Bucks County philanthropy, business and history is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Must pass a criminal background check.
- Monday – Friday.
- Part-time, 20 hours per week.
- Occasional weekend and evening work for events.
How to Apply
To apply, please email a letter of interest and resume with Development Assistant in the subject line to: email@example.com.