The Membership Coordinator oversees recruitment and retention of the Preserve’s community of nearly 1,600 individual members and member households.
Scope and Impact: The Membership Coordinator is an integral part of the Preserve staff and the development office. The position is responsible for managing and growing the Preserve’s membership base and securing the membership funds indicated in the Preserve’s annual operating budget, strategic plan, and annual plan. Duties include corresponding with members, overseeing mailings and renewals, entering and maintaining records in the Preserve’s Raiser’s Edge database, and engaging members and prospective members through events and outreach.
- Grow the Preserve’s membership base through outreach, mailings, and events.
- Manage membership retention and oversee the renewal cycle.
- Prepare acknowledgement letters, membership cards and other correspondence.
- Process membership gifts, maintain membership records in Raiser’s Edge, produce current membership lists, and prepare membership mailings.
- Prepare membership reports for committee and board meetings and other reports for relevant fundraising activities as needed.
- Work with the Development Director and Development Assistant to build membership prospect lists and create membership renewal mailing lists.
- Produce, distribute, and track all membership solicitation efforts, through traditional direct mail pieces as well as new media.
- Communicate with all departments of the organization to maintain coordinated membership efforts and activities.
- Two or more years of experience in non-profit fundraising and/or non-profit membership activities.
- Must be able to cultivate and maintain member, donor, and staff relationships.
- Must have good telephone etiquette.
- A demonstrated ability to record and report information clearly, concisely and accurately.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Must have outstanding customer service skills.
- Can work independently as needed and be able to work well as part of a team.
- Familiarity with donor databases or constituent relations management systems
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
This is a part-time position with occasional weekend and evening work.
How to Apply
To apply, please email a letter of interest and resume with Membership Coordinator in the subject line to: email@example.com.