Young Concert Artists, Inc., founded in 1961, is the premier organization in the world for the discovery and promotion of young classical musicians. YCA's legendary achievements over the past half-century include launching the careers of Emanuel Ax, Pinchas Zukerman, Murray Perahia, Jean-Yves Thibaudet, Dawn Upshaw, the St. Lawrence String Quartet, Richard Goode, Anne-Marie McDermott, Jean-Efflam Bavouzet, Jeremy Denk and over 250 other soloists, ensembles and composers, who today have a vital presence in the music world. The organization holds annual Young Concert Artists International Auditions; presents a concert series in New York and Washington DC; has an educational outreach program; and provides management services to its current artists and composers. The organization has a staff of 14.
Young Concert Artists seeks a Director of Development with excellent fundraising experience, love of classical music, and the desire to support the mission of Young Concert Artists.
The Development Director works with the Founding Director, the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, as well as the Development Manager and Development Assistant.
- Lead YCA's annual initiatives to raise $1.5 million from individuals, foundations, corporations and government agencies, and increase its endowment.
- Attend ~30 concerts, special events and board meetings in New York and in Washington DC annually; limited additional travel may be required
- Participate in the development and implementation of a strategic plan.
- 5 or more years of fundraising experience
- Love of classical music
- Experience with government and foundation grant writing
- Fluency in database work; experience with direct mail programs and event management is a plus.
- A good knowledge of legal and financial matters relating to nonprofits
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required.
- Ability to connect with Board members and Patrons
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance; medical and transit flexible savings plans; participation in 403b retirement plan.
How to Apply
Please submit electronically to email@example.com:
- A short letter that expresses qualifications for the position
- A detailed resume
- A list of 3 professional references (including names, titles, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses). A reference will not be contacted without your permission.
Additional materials may be requested at a later date.