Under the general direction of the Division Director and/or Project Director, the Instructor will teach ESL/Citizenship Instruction to participants by performing the following duties:
- Provide group instruction in ESL/Citizenship, incorporating 21st Century Skills.
- Build lessons and curriculum designed to target individual and group needs.
- Work in conjunction with the Project Coordinator for the purpose of enrollment, completion and Attendance requirements.
- Maintain an inventory of educational materials.
- Takes and monitors attendance and shares concerns regarding absenteeism and tardiness with the Project Coordinator.
- Responsible for taking up to six hours of professional development training courses.
- Organizes program of practical and technical instruction, including demonstrations of skills required and lectures on theory, techniques and terminology.
- Administers and observes the organization’s office operations, policies and procedures.
- Volunteerism is encouraged during La Casa’s sponsored events.
- Responsible for community building and outreach efforts with the goal of increasing awareness in the community of La Casa’s program and increase participant numbers.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- One-year teaching experience in ESL and ability to develop lesson plans and work related activities mandatory.
- BA from a regionally accredited college or university is required.
- TESOL Certification a plus.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with low-income population.
- Familiar with policy and regulations pertaining to the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title II.
- Excellent Computer skills in MS office applications (Word and Excel a must).
- Self-starter and strong willingness to take initiative.
REQUIREMENTS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Required to stand for long periods of time*
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Evening Classes: Monday – Thursday: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
How to Apply
Please email your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.