Music Can Move the World. American Friends of the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra (AFIPO) is the North American non-profit fundraising arm of the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra, and we believe that music can forge connections, inspire hearts and minds and move us in profound ways. Through AFIPO, the music of the orchestra connects individuals from across this country to celebrate the spirit and creativity of Israel and to provide meaning and relevance to a new generation.
AFIPO’s goal is to raise funds for the Orchestra’s operating budget, education and outreach programs, international touring, and capital expenditures, through a broad range of special events and targeted fundraising campaigns. Launching a renewed brand, creating a range of cultivation and engagement events, broadening our digital reach, expanding our communication with existing friends and reaching a new group of potential supporters is our current mandate.
The Marketing and Program Associate, reporting into the CEO, will do the following in support of AFIPO:
- Work closely with CEO, board committee, external vendors and other staff on launch of refreshed AFIPO brand (summer 2018), owning activation strategies and planning their execution
- Liaise with members of the newly reactivated Young Patrons Circle in New York; create a robust plan for the group, leading events and activities; recruit potential volunteer leaders; identify partners in other young patron groups in New York, and coordinate with AFIPO young patrons groups in San Francisco and Los Angeles when opportune
- In partnership with CEO and East Coast Director, identify target audiences for programming and for specific communications; understand database marketing and lead AFIPO in this regard
- Manage all event marketing and communications, writing copy, suggesting advertising and promotions, and targeting audiences on social media, the website and in emails
- Manage AFIPO institutional marketing calendar
- Manage AFIPO digital communications: update website content on a regular basis; own AFIPO email schedule, writing copy, populating templates, pulling lists and engaging with other staff and freelancers to coordinate communications and messaging; actively engage on social media platforms in concert with external vendor
- With East Coast Director, coordinate Membership program marketing and mailings
- Recommend advertising strategy and oversee limited advertising budget
- Seek partnerships for AFIPO that would reach new audiences and leverage resources
- Solicit in-kind donations for events
- Play active role in AFIPO monthly newsletter content creation
- Work with videographers on video content
- Create and implement a year-long calendar of cultivation, stewardship and engagement events in New York and other East Coast cities. Events could include: book signings, film screenings, salon parties featuring Israeli musicians, trunk shows and more
- Create budgets, find venues, manage event logistics, work with vendors to make events seamless
- Seek event partnerships from related organizations to extend AFIPO’s reach
- Assist on special projects and events as needed
- Creativity; an idea person
- Strong writing skills
- Knowledge of the social media space
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage concurrent processes/projects
- Superior organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, and able to work alone and in teams under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to manage confidential information.
- Easy interaction with all levels of staff, volunteers, donors, and the public in a professional manner.
- Proactive and assertive personality
- Strong computer skills and analytical bent; data management experience a plus
- Basic digital design experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, experience in a marketing department a plus.
- Love of classical music
- Commitment to Israel
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and availability to:
Marketing and Program Associate Search