This position description incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned might also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs.
The Development Coordinator, under the supervision of the Director of Development, helps to carry out the day-to-day operations of the development office.
Director of Development
- Tracks and process all donations, including in-kind gifts, in the Raiser’s Edge database; produces all donor acknowledgements; and generates regular donor reports.
- Maintains and updates current donor files in donor database.
- Coordinate and assist with the planning and implementation of the annual fundraising event and other events throughout the year as needed to help ensure donor participation.
- Assist in the management of FLOC’s various social media outlets, as needed. Manage monthly e-newsletters and blog posts under the direction of the development team.
- Manage workplace-giving donors by attending United Way/CFC events in order to promote FLOC and work to secure more donors.
- Assist development office staff in producing mass mailings and other specific development activities, as requested.
- Assists in research, writing and editing of foundation and other grant applications, upon request from the Grants Manager.
- Works collaboratively across the organization, building strong relationships with colleagues to stay informed of latest organizational and program developments.
BA degree or equivalent education or experience.
At least one year of fundraising or administrative support work, or a combination of both, including strong oral and written communication skills; experience in research and writing; excellent computer skills and strongly detail-oriented; ability to work independently and organize work projects; ability to work collaboratively under deadline; demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.