Planned Parenthood Mar Monte (PPMM) is the largest Planned Parenthood affiliate in the U.S., providing community outreach, medical and education services to more than 220,000 people annually at over 30 health center locations in mid-California and northern Nevada. Our headquarters is located in San Jose, California, which offers 300 sunny days a year in the heart of Silicon Valley.
An affiliate of Planned Parenthood federation of America, Planned Parenthood Mar Monte (PPMM) offers an exceptional opportunity for a talented, experienced, mission-driven leader with the opening of its Director of Major Gifts position. The Director of Major Gifts is responsible for the overall implementation and management of the major gift program throughout the affiliate.
Chief Development Officer
- Serves as a member of the development team and plays a central role in developing, overseeing, and managing major gift strategies and programs for the C-3 and C-4 organizations, and integrating them as appropriate with all aspects of the department's development efforts, in coordination with the Chief Development Officer.
- Works in consultation with the Chief Development Officer, Development team colleagues, CEO and key board and other volunteer leaders to devise individually tailored major gift strategies.
- Serves as a leader for advancing PPMM’s major gifts program to successfully identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gift ($2,500+) prospects and donors, managing a personal portfolio of 300+ major gift prospects and donors and moving them through the giving cycle, including setting strategy for each stage of the process.
- Shares responsibility for the strategic planning, development, and implementation of the development team’s goals and objectives in collaboration with others as necessary.
- Develops and meets measurable goals for a major gift program in alignment with the goals of the development department.
- Represents PPMM with influential public audiences as a senior fundraiser.
- Shapes key development related messages through preparation of proposals, solicitation letters, and other materials for major prospects and donors; ensures that they are persuasively communicated to key target audiences and are consistent with the efforts of others to strategically position PPMM in the community.
- Directs and supports Major Gift Officers’ work for the solicitation of major donors in their regions.
- Plans and implements donor activities, meetings and events with the Development and Public Affairs team members, CEO, and board members, including logistics, donor briefings and talking points.
- Manages the selection, training, development, supervision and evaluation of direct reports.
- Develops the major gift program budget in consultation with the Chief Development Officer, administers the board‑approved budget and monitors monthly financial data.
- Builds strong interdepartmental relationships
- Provides staff support to the related committees or task forces.
- Works with/supervises volunteers/interns as applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree.
- Minimum of ten years fundraising experience including managing successful programs in individual gifts, major gifts, or equivalent similar experience.
- Demonstrated relationship building and networking skills.
- Minimum of five years’ experience supervising professional staff.
- Demonstrated excellent writing and public speaking skills.
- Proven ability to recruit, train and manage fund‑raising volun­teers.
- Knowledge of professional practices and theories of fundraising.
- Ability to work effectively as a leader and team member.
- Excellent decision‑making, priority‑setting and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in high stress environment.
- Familiarity with fundraising software, particularly Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to prepare budgets, plans and reports.
- High energy, flexibility, demonstrated creativity.
- Sense of humor.
How to Apply
To apply, please go to www.ppmarmonte.org or https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-mar-monte/ppmm-hiring.
At Planned Parenthood, our most valuable asset is our employees. We offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package with medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; 401(k) plan, EAP, FSA, and educational reimbursement.
PLANNED PARENTHOOD IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER