Planned Parenthood Mar Monte (PPMM) is the largest Planned Parenthood affiliate in the U.S., providing community outreach services, medical and education services to more than 220,000 people annually at over 30 health center locations in mid-California and northern Nevada. Our headquarters is located in San Jose, California, which offers 300 sunny days a year in the heart of Silicon Valley.
A great opportunity to make a difference! Here at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte we're seeking a full-time Development Assistant II to work at our San Jose, CA location. About us, Planned Parenthood Mar Monte (PPMM) provides a range of reproductive and general health services including adult primary health care, pediatrics, prenatal, birth control, cancer screening, pregnancy testing, sterilization, STD screening and treatment.
Development Assistant II
- Process donations accurately and promptly;
- Ensure prompt recognition of donor contributions;
- Maintain accurate, thorough, and up-to-date donor records forindividual, foundation and corporate giving;
- Serve as a resource to other users of the database to inform and support them in uniform usage of the system;
- Maintainfiles and materials, preparation of meeting notices and minutes; assistance in grant preparation;
- Provide ongoing general administrative support as required by the Chief Development Officer;
- Work with development team in design, coordination and production of materials;
- Research information on individual, foundation, and corporate giving interests, opportunities and capacity;
- Works with / supervises volunteers / interns as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ability to perform the duties described above. A typical means of acquiring these abilities would be:
- Two years of college or BA or equivalent experience;
- At least one year of database and data entry experience, preferably with Raiser’s Edge;
- Previous business or non-profit experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely both orally and in writing;
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to work independently;
- Ability to work effectively as a team member;
- Extensive experience and competence with Microsoft Office;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a sense of humor;
How to Apply
To apply, please go to www.ppmarmonte.org or https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-mar-monte/campaigns/jobs-list
At Planned Parenthood, our most valuable asset is our employees. We offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package with medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; 401(k) plan, EAP, FSA, and educational reimbursement.
PLANNED PARENTHOOD IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER