The nonprofit Mozilla Foundation is passionate about the Internet remaining a global public resource that is open and accessible to all. Our work is guided by the Mozilla Manifesto.
The direct work of the Mozilla Foundation focuses on fueling the movement for an open Internet. We do this by connecting open Internet leaders with each other and by mobilizing grassroots activists around the world.
The Strategic Operations team is seeking a Grants Administrator to join us. Reporting to the Grants Manager, working with our program managers, and becoming an integral part of the Finance team, you will provide day-to-day and project-specific operational support to Mozilla’s awards and fellowships.
Highly organized, meticulous, and reliable, you love building and examining processes. You are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement, and want to use your skills to empower activists, innovators, researchers, and communities to advance the Internet Health movement globally.
You are a critical partner in the success of the Mozilla Open Source Support (MOSS) award program.
- Partnering with the Program Manager, you assess applications for completeness and compliance, and organize and prepare materials for review committee meetings, and help develop and maintain application processes and guidelines for MOSS.
- Collaborating with our legal team and awardees, you ensure that agreements and contracts are finalized accurately and quickly.
- You maintain award records in Fluxx, our grant management system, and craft internal reports to help track and understand the impact of awards.
- You track awards to ensure timely payments and reporting.
You will be part of a team providing administrative support across Mozilla’s grant programs.
- In partnership with the Grants Manager, you monitor the grant pipeline to help resolve any issues and ensure timely processing of awards and fellowships.
- You work with applicants and grantees to gather materials needed for due diligence, respond to applicant inquiries, and process and track the status of awards and fellowship agreements and payments.
- To help colleagues understand who we give to and why, you ensure the accuracy of grant records by helping enter and maintain grant data and fellowship data in Fluxx and using spreadsheets as needed.
- Together with the Grants Manager, you will improve and troubleshoot Fluxx, learning new ways to use the system and teaching others to do the same
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years of related work experience in grant or contract administration
- Experience with data entry and database management
- Experience developing and implementing resources and processes for user-friendly, efficient grant management or other organizational needs is a plus
- Some knowledge or background using grants management software, in particular Fluxx, is an advantage.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and ability to balance competing priorities
- Ability to cooperate and work collaboratively toward solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse partners, internally and externally.
- Dedication to service and support for members of our team; timely response to requests and follow-up as needed
How to Apply
To apply, please visit https://careers.mozilla.org/