- This highly responsible position involves the provision of mental health, substance abuse and co-occurring services to adults, adolescents and children.
- Services provided will include outpatient counseling, community-based services and coordination with schools, caregivers and others pertinent to the treatment process.
- It may be necessary to provide services during evening and/or weekend hours. It may be necessary to provide services at the client's home.
- This therapist is responsible for clinical and data reporting documentation.
- The therapist is responsible for ensuring services are being documented in a timely, through and accurate manner.
- Supervised by the Clinical Supervisor.
- To provide medically necessary and clinically indicated therapeutic services to children and adults.
- To develop and maintain client records in a timely and accurate manner and that is in accordance with Family Resource Center Policy and Procedures, and Medicaid, JCAHO, Grant Requirements and other applicable standards.
- To complete the monthly service encounter log in a timely and accurate manner, and submit it to the
- Clinical Supervisor.
- To complete in a timely and accurate manner assessments on each client / case assigned.
- To complete and implement treatment plans and reviews for each client.
- To monitor the treatment plans, Dependency Drug Court adult client progress, school achievement, and behavior management plans, as appropriate for each client in terms of noting progress, or the lack of progress, and updating documentation, as needed.
- To complete progress notes for each service provided.
- To assist the staff with crisis intervention, as needed.
- To works closely with the Consulting Psychiatrist concerning psychiatric evaluations, medication
- reviews and involuntary commitments of the adult and/or children being served, as indicated.
- To ensure that all clinical documentation in the program is completed in a timely and accurate manner that is consistent with relevant policies, State laws, contractual requirements with funding sources, and Evidence Based Practice.
- To participate in clinical supervision and administrative supervision as required by agency policy and relevant State Law.
- To ensure that all programmatic and administrative practices comply with the highest relevant legal, professional, and ethical standards.
- To contribute to the promotion and understanding of multi-cultural differences in the workplace and in the field.
- To participate in the agency's Quality Assurance program.
- Attends all mandatory trainings and required meetings
- Communicate with Administration and Full Case Management Staff in a professional and timely manner to perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Master's Degree
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Certification
- Licensed by the State of Florida in Social Work or Mental Health
- At least three years of experience in providing mental health services.
- Performance standards are integrated within the position responsibilities.
- The principle functions of the position identified shall not be considered as a complete description of the all the work requirements and expectations that may be inherent in the position.
- Age specific individuals served: Infant, toddler, children, adolescent and adult.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
How to Apply
Please submit resume to Resumes@FRCFlorida.org with the Subject line: Therapist - "Applicant Name".
Family Resource Center of South Florida