Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve was founded in 1934 with a mission to inspire the appreciation and use of native plants by serving as a sanctuary and an educational resource for conservation and stewardship. It is a member-supported nonprofit organization that has come to be recognized as a local treasure, a state resource and a national institution. Known regionally for its community-based programming, it is considered Pennsylvania's State Wildflower Preserve and is the only accredited museum in the nation focused exclusively on native flora.
The Development Associate is an integral part of the Preserve staff, providing crucial administrative support to the development office and overseeing recruitment and retention of the Preserve's 1600+ memberships. The position is responsible for data entry and database management, donor and member acknowledgements, participating in all fundraising activities including direct mail appeals, membership recruitment and renewals, and special events.
- Manage and maintain the confidential donor database. Continually update and correct database records. Support others in the use of Raiser's Edge software.
- Prepare deposit slips and process all charitable contributions including donations, in-kind contributions, tribute and memorial gifts, memberships, grants, event proceeds, and matching gifts.
- Prepare acknowledgement letters, membership cards and other correspondence.
- Oversee fulfillment of membership, sponsor, and donor recognition.
- Manage lists including membership, mail, email, invitation and prospect lists
- Coordinate mailings, including invitations, appeals, newsletters and membership renewals.
- Create queries, exports, and reports from Raiser's Edge and analyze results.
- Assist in the coordination of development office volunteers.
- Attend fundraising and outreach events as assigned and assist with event materials, preparation, registrations, banks, set-up, and clean-up.
- Coordinate database updates and keep current on advances in database management software.
- Two or more years experience in non-profit database management, Raiser's Edge preferred.
- Two or more years of experience in non-profit fundraising and/or non-profit membership activities.
- Must be able to cultivate and maintain member, donor, and staff relationships.
- A demonstrated ability to record and report information clearly, concisely and accurately.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Can work independently as needed and be able to work well as part of a team.
- Must be able to maintain donor confidentiality.
- Familiarity with Bucks County philanthropy, business and history is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
How to Apply
Please see full position description and how to apply at https://bhwp.org/people/employment-opportunities/.