NIHCM Foundation is looking for an enthusiastic team player to create and implement communications strategies that will increase the visibility and impact of our programming in support of our mission of improving the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of the U.S. health care system.
- Communications Strategy – work closely with the leadership team to develop and manage the Foundation’s communications strategy
- Writing and Editing – write and edit external communications, including event invitations, newsletters, grant and award announcements, press releases, fact sheets, infographics and other products; work with the Administrative Assistant to manage and maintain the Foundation website and to disseminate communications
- Marketing & Outreach – coordinate the marketing of Foundation events, grants and awards to maximize event attendance and award and grant submissions; maintain and expand the Foundation’s database of key audience contacts
- New Channels of Distribution – identify new communications and marketing opportunities to raise the visibility of Foundation programs, including social media
- Monitor Health Care News – solicit entries and manage the entry process for the Digital Media, Print, and Television & Radio Journalism Awards; monitor NIHCM and partner health plans in the news; serve as a liaison with health plan communications teams in promoting NIHCM’s work
- Program Support – advise the journalism and research grant programs to enhance the impact of the Foundation and its grantees
- Media Relations – maintain and build strong relationships with journalists and researchers
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field; proven track record of success in delivering high-quality communications materials
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Excellent attention to detail and desire to work as a member of a highly interactive team
- Positive attitude and interest in health care
Salary commensurate with skills, education and experience. Excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; vacation, holiday, and sick leave; retirement plan; wellness benefit.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to nihcm[at]nihcm.org with the subject line “Communications Officer.”