Met Council provides comprehensive social services to aid, sustain, and empower poor and near-poor New Yorkers.
For more than four decades, Met Council has supported and championed families, seniors and adults living in poverty and near-poverty. Met Council provides immediate assistance to New Yorkers in crisis and creates pathways to self sufficiency through the following programs: America’s Largest Kosher Food Pantry System, Emergency Social Services, Family Violence Services, Home Repairs, Benefits Enrollment & Outreach, Senior Services, and Affordable Housing. Our grassroots Jewish Community Council network provides support to families in their neighborhoods—right where they live.
Develop and execute Human Resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the agency, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation. Provide strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to Senior Leadership, Directors, Managers and Employees.
Chief Operating Officer
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the agency’s mission and strategic vision.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of overall operations objectives.
- Function as a strategic advisor to Senior Leadership, Directors and Managers of each department regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation, and benefits.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and city laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to employment and employee benefit programs.
- Provide coaching and counseling to Senior Leadership, Directors, Managers and Employees.
- Design and implement training and development programs to increase managerial accountability, strengthen employee knowledge and abilities, improve agency operations, increase employee satisfaction, and improve leadership.
Creative and Innovative Thinking; Problem Solving; Decision Making and Judgment; Influencing Others; Relationship Building and Teamwork; Business Alignment; Coaching and Mentoring; Leadership; Valuing Diversity
Skills and Education:
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university (required); MBA or MA/MS in Human Resources (preferred).
- Minimum 15 years of HR experience, with at least 5 years of Executive HR experience.
- HR Certification, SPHR, SHRM-SCP (preferred).
- Strong coaching, interpersonal, and communication skills, plus expert relationship building and collaboration skills at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of staff.
- Strong facilitation and project management skills.
- Required Constantly: Walking, sitting, grasping, bending, stooping, squatting, computer input, finger dexterity, and coordination of hand, eye, and foot.
- Required Frequently: Standing and climbing stairs, carrying laptop & files (approx. 8-10 lbs).
- Required Occasionally: Reaching above the shoulder, lifting 5-25 pounds, pushing and pulling.
How to Apply
Apply via this link: