Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit 13 (IU13) is an education service agency dedicated to delivering services to school districts and communities across the state. IU13 is a leader in recognizing the needs of schools and implementing programs to meet those needs, with a core compelling purpose of improving student learning.
IU13 serves the 22 public school districts in Lancaster and Lebanon counties, as well as students in nonpublic schools, preschoolers, and adult learners throughout Pennsylvania.
IU13 also administers the Harrisburg location of the Pennsylvania Training and Technical Assistance Network (PaTTAN). PaTTAN, an initiative of the Pennsylvania Department of Education, works in partnership with families and education agencies to support programs and services to improve student learning and achievement.
The Lancaster-Lebanon IU13 is currently looking for a highly qualified Statewide Human Capital Coalition Manager.
Schedule: 8 hrs./day (8:00-5:00); Monday-Friday year round
The Statewide Human Capital Coalition Manager will Provide statewide coordination of regional human capital coalitions under the direction of the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE), provide statewide coordination of regional human capital coalitions in the context of Pennsylvania’s Plan for Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and as part of Pennsylvania System for District and School Improvement. Leverage the power of networked communities to identify the highest priority human capital challenges in a region, including the development of a state level human capital strategy.
- Productively support and work directly with PDE’s Office of School Improvement, PDE’s executive leadership, PDE’s program offices and IU Project Partners to implement PDE’s strategy for
- Human Capital as defined in Pennsylvania’s plan for the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
- Identify and invite members of institutions of higher education, leadership and educator certification programs, LEA administrators, and school administrators to participate on one of five regional networks to help address pipeline issues in Comprehensive Support and Improvement (CSI) schools (i.e., human capital coalitions). The members of each human capital coalition will be drawn from the geographic region on which the coalition will focus.
- Launch, coordinate, facilitate, and maintain five regional human capital coalitions.
- Facilitate the five human capital coalitions to collectively assess the highest priority human capital challenges experienced by LEAs in that region. Conduct a comprehensive root cause analysis for each identified challenge, and implement strategies to resolve the identified root causes, including the integration of regional needs into state level human capital strategy.
- Develop guidance, tools, professional learning opportunities, and other supports for LEAs and schools, focused on evidence-based strategies for talent management (i.e., recruitment, hiring, placement, development, evaluation, and retention of leaders and teachers).
- Collaborate with leadership and staff across the agency to align initiatives of the human capital coalitions with other agency human capital initiatives.
- Advise the Pennsylvania Department of Education on strategies related to the State Education
- Agencies role in supporting LEAs in data- and evidence-driven talent management.
- Design, develop and conduct accurate and meaningful indicators of success for the Human
- Capital Coalitions and Pennsylvania strategy for human capital as defined in Pennsylvania’s ESSA plan.
- Proactively establish and maintain internal and external relationships and partnerships across stakeholder groups (PDE, PATTAN, LEAs, IUs, external organizations) to strengthen PDE’s strategy for Human Capital as aligned to Pennsylvania’s ESSA plan.
- Maintain a strong regional and statewide network and leadership presence on behalf of PDE leadership by representing Pennsylvania’s Human Capital strategy via presentations and
- participations in local, regional and statewide conferences/events/meetings as requested by PDE.
- Successfully incorporate current research and best practices into all aspects of work including evidence based, effective and cost efficient design and implementation of five regional Human Capital Coalitions.
- Effectively use technology to maximize efficiency and quality of work during the planning, implementation, and completion of projects and tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred. Certification or licenses Required: No certification required; Valid PA Driver’s License required.
Knowledge of and 3-5 years of experience with working in the area of human capital preferably in education. A deep understanding of human capital strategy and the human capital needs of low performing, hard to staff schools/organizations.
Good oral and written communication skills. Excellent presentation, consultation, facilitation and personal interaction skills. Ability to prioritize and work independently with direction from PDE and IU project leadership. Ability to lead, manage and flexibility adjust project plans for a large-scale PDE statewide project based on the needs of various constituents. Effective use of technology to maximize project communications, services and resources to PDE and CSI Schools.
Minimum annual salary: $82,936.00
How to Apply
TO APPLY TO THIS POSITION AND VIEW ALL OF OUR CURRENT OPENINGS, PLEASE VISIT: