The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of payroll and E-Timekeeping for Safe Horizon. This role requires significant interactions with HR Partners, senior business leaders, external vendors and various other internal stakeholders to understand stakeholder needs, optimize processes, align and harmonize system requirements and processes and drive required change management. Additional responsibilities include developing and implementing strategies for given processes, advising agency management in Payroll/HR policy and program matters, appropriately escalating issues, and making or recommending appropriate decisions.
Administer bi-weekly payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Ensure the processing of new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations are accurate and timely.
- Critically review and analyze payroll, benefits and tax procedures
- Maintain employee payroll files including W4 forms, timesheets etc.
- Liaise between Human Resources and Finance to ensure constant communication of pertinent employee information, accuracy of payroll records, Maintain security procedures designed to ensure the confidentiality of all payroll-related information.
- Prepare payroll-related documentation; reviews same to ensure accuracy before submittal to ADP.
- Audit paychecks and related documentation prepared by ADP, confirm accuracy of all materials. Audit payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
- Respond to all inquiries for payroll information
- Provide support in researching and resolving ADP payroll-related problems or unexpected results; perform scheduled activities, recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Propose improvements, solutions, and/or variations from established policies.
- Create, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing user needs. Help maintain data integrity in ADP payroll systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation.
- Train new ADP E-TIME users on processes and functionality.
- Partner with HR and benefits in aligning and implementing payroll and benefits enhancements in the ADP Workforce Now platform.
- Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time.
- Prepare relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Human Resources or related field, or equivalent relevant experience is preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional strongly preferred with ADP Workforce Now and Enterprise eTime experience
- 3+ years of progressive experience with an enterprise ADP HRIS solution
- Proficient at MS Office (especially Excel)
- Demonstrated excellence in customer relations and building partnerships
- Demonstrated ability in prioritizing multiple projects
- Knowledge of related federal / state / local laws and regulations
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot problems and create methodology to fix the problems efficiently while under pressure
- Experience servicing multiple sites
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skill.
How to Apply
Please follow link to apply for this position: