Coordinate external and internal communications to enhance organization’s fundraising efforts. Provide communications strategies to elevate the organization’s visibility, known for the quality and reliability of its programs. Seek opportunities to network with community leaders, current and potential donors, and other individuals of influence for the purpose of raising the organization’s visibility as an active leader in the maternal and child health community.
Director of Advancement
- Donor Database Development: assist in developing data processes and strategies for data quality control, establish a metrics and reporting system that aligns with the goals outlined in the development strategic plan. Provide data entry and ongoing maintenance of donor database. Manage and track incoming donations, input gifts into the database, generate reports, and produce stewardship acknowledgement letters in a timely manner.
- Marketing Collateral: assist with the creation of fundraising and other marketing materials including printed brochures, email campaigns and push pages, annual reports, press releases, flyers, invitations, etc. Develop copy, secure photos, and coordinate data and other content as needed. Capture meaningful client stories that illustrate the success of the organization’s programs on social media.
- Brand Ambassador: identify opportunities for the Partnership to increase the visibility of its brand. Train and coach Partnership staff and stakeholders to be effective brand ambassadors. Engage staff regularly to generate compelling content for the website, social media, and print.
- Website Management: maintain the Partnership’s website by ensuring that new and accurate information is posted on a regular basis. Participate in phase two of website re-branding.
- Social Media: generate a culture of engagement across all social media platforms between the organization and its stakeholders, including board members, general members, clinicians, and the community. Track campaign effectiveness and goals.
- Events: attend Partnership events to secure communications content, including photography and videography. Support the planning and execution of fundraising events, with a focus on messaging, branding, and overall marketing.
- Handle other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in public affairs, communications, or relevant field
- Minimum 3-5 years of public affairs, development, or communications experience
- Expertise in all aspects of communications practices and social media
- Highly collaborative style; relationship-builder with excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional copywriting, editing and photography skills
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities; detail-oriented
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Experience with content production
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Knowledge of public health, preferred
- Experience in graphic and/or web design, preferred
How to Apply
Please email résumé, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Director of Advancement
Partnership for Maternal and Child Health of Northern New Jersey
50 Park Place, Suite 700
Newark, NJ 07102
Submissions without a cover letter and/or salary requirement will not be considered. We thank you for your interest in working for The Partnership. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.