In 2017, Kent State University was recognized as a “Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education. This is the eighth time the university has received this distinction. Kent State offers a competitive compensation package, great benefits, and an excellent Wellness program.
Kent State University is seeking a highly-motivated professional to initiate, develop and coordinate fundraising approaches to secure gifts, grants and donations from corporations in support of the university priorities. This individual will maintain a pool of corporate prospects, both locally and nationally and generate support for university priorities to meet or exceed established fundraising goals and responsibilities.
The position reports to the Executive Director, Corporate Relations.
The essential functions of this position are:
- Initiate, establish and maintain contact with potential corporate donors. Develop and implement a personal portfolio for selected corporations within an assigned geographic region or program area(s), in order to meet or exceed established fundraising goals.
- Draft, write or edit concept papers, letters, and proposals, in conjunction with members of the Corporate Relations department and other advancement staff or individually, that will help position the university as a successful recipient of private gift support.
- Develop and implement cultivation strategies in consultation with Deans, Program Directors, and other professional advancement staff for generating private support based on university priorities.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings with the President, Provosts, Deans and top executives of major corporations to discuss strategies and solicit leadership gifts.
- Coordinate on-campus visits, meetings, and presentations by prospective donors or their representatives.
- Coordinate prospect management responsibilities with advancement staff and other units of the university.
- May assist in the planning and developing of special projects relative to interests of university leadership and/or prospects.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and a minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in development donor relations or relevant experience.
$63,000 - $75,000
How to Apply
Please apply online at https://www.kent.edu/hr/job-opportunities; include a resume and cover letter, or simply click Corporate Relations Officer to direct you to the application process. You will find additional information about the division and a list of current open positions in Institutional Advancement, by visiting our website: https://www.kent.edu/advancement/institutional-advancement-employment
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer / Disabled / Veterans