Humanity United (HU) is seeking a highly self-motivated, creative, and organized Manager, who will serve as an integral member of HU’s Transforming Peacebuilding team. The Manager will lead monitoring and evaluation approaches and facilitate learning across the team. The Manager will coordinate with Humanity United’s Strategy, Learning & Impact team to ensure that his/her work with the Transforming Peacebuilding team aligns with the overall vision for impact measurement at HU as set by the Strategy, Learning & Impact team.
This role will support the Transforming Peacebuilding team by designing and implementing monitoring, evaluation, and learning plans for our peacebuilding programs. The Manager will work closely with the team to help them identify their key decision points, explore their assumptions, and to identify key indicators and data sources to help answer their learning questions. In addition, the Manager will work with partner organizations, helping to identify and address capacity needs among partners and ensure quality incoming data. The Manager will facilitate learning and data interpretation exercises for the team and international partners, and help them make sense of their findings. To enable teams to best represent their work to a variety of stakeholders, the Manager will assist the team in reporting and storytelling.
Ultimately, this role will help the Transforming Peacebuilding team understand and communicate programmatic outcomes and how these efforts contribute to sustainable systemic social change.
- Design and implement MEL approach for peacebuilding programs in collaboration with team and partners.
- Review and design tools for data collection, monitoring, learning, and reporting.
- Conduct research on context-appropriate performance indicators and data sources.
- Facilitate participatory learning and reflection with partners and within HU.
- Support team in reporting progress to key stakeholders.
- Partner with communications team to ensure that accurate and compelling data is integrated into key internal and external communications messages.
- Provide technical assistance to team on a variety of evaluation or data related needs, including Terms of Reference development, contractor sourcing, document review, etc.
- Support grantees and partners to strengthen their monitoring and evaluation capacity.
- Contribute to Transforming Peacebuilding discussions on strategy design and implementation, and carry out additional support activities as required.
- Liaise with and ensure guidance provided by the Strategy, Learning & Impact team is implemented consistently across program teams.
- Build connections to the peacebuilding MEL community as part of our capacity development and influencing goals.
- A keen sense of cultural sensitivity, diplomacy, and humility, and a natural team player.
- 5+ years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, data collection and analysis in the peacebuilding, international development, human rights, or comparable fields.
- Field and program experience, especially that which involves data collection among vulnerable populations in fragile contexts.
- Experience contributing to strategy development discussions and applying MEL data to support effective decision-making. Data visualization and communications skills preferred.
- An interest in systems thinking and complexity science.A self-starter with demonstrated ability to produce results in a high-performance environment and collaborate effectively across multiple functions and geographies.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as needed to perform the job (approximately 20%).
- Post-graduate degree with emphasis on international development and applied social science research methods preferred.
- Professional working ability in French highly desirable.