Provide organizational and administrative support to the Institutional Giving (ISG) Unit of the Development Office including coordinating government (city and state expense and capital) applications, fiscal draw-down of funds, programmatic/financial reports of government contracts, and site visits; as well as managing and coordinating all forms of research for the ISG team.
Director of Development - Institutional Giving
- Provide administrative support for the entire ISG group including the Director of Development, ISG.
- Coordinate request applications, fiscal draw-down of funds and programmatic/financial reports of select capital and operating fund government contracts, as well as site visits.
- Work with Director in ongoing monitoring of annual gifts raised against current fundraising goals, and projecting next year’s fundraising goals.
- Compose general correspondence including all acknowledgement letters, and accurate, timely internal/external responses.
- Work with Grant Managers on data collection and spreadsheets.
- Research and report on prospective donors.
- Maintain the Tessitura database, including contact, award, deadline and research information.
- Process gifts and generate Tessitura reports and invitation and mailing lists.
- Coordinate bulk mailings and postage.
- Collect and prepare official documents, press and materials for grant requests and compliance.
- Assist Grant Managers in the proofreading and mailing of documents, as requested.
- Keep files current and orderly, the common space neat and presentable, and office supplies and stationary stocked.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 1 year previous Development experience strongly preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office with previous Tessitura experience a plus.
- Facility with financial spreadsheets and data collection.
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize workload to ensure that deadlines are met with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Eagerness to solve problems and work with others to improve workflow and administrative processes
- Previous writing and proof reading experience required.
How to Apply
Please visit our careers page and submit your resume along with a cover letter.