Union Settlement, established in 1895, is one of the largest and oldest settlement houses in New York. The agency serves more than 10,000 East Harlem residents of all ages each year through its education, health, senior services, youth development, early childhood education, counseling and economic empowerment programs.
Union Settlement seeks a Development Associate who will have two primary functions. He/she will support and oversee recruitment and scheduling of volunteers as well as serve as the primary administrator for the donor database, Salesforce.
Director of Development and Communications
- Serves as primary administrator for Salesforce.
- Enters all donations and gifts.
- Generates development reports.
- Performs basic administration and configuration, creating custom objects and workflows when required.
- Ensures accuracy of data and troubleshoots problems as necessary
- Migrates data into system.
- Interacts with Finance Department and reconciles reports each month.
- Drafts and edits thank you letters to donors and ensures that donors are thanked quickly and in a meaningful manner.
- Assists with special data clean-up projects, reporting, and analytics as needed.
- Assists with mailings as needed.
- Other related duties as required.
- Recruit, orient, and manage volunteers, and report on their contributions to the agency.
- Manage and expand relationships with corporate partners by creating volunteer events and activities.
- Manage garden as a venue for volunteer activities and also to highlight the work of the agency.
- Track volunteers using the database as well as file and enter data to ensure accuracy in volunteer numbers and reporting of volunteer engagement.
- Manage the Associate Board and review new member applications, draft meeting agendas, support Associate Board events and track members’ annual fundraising.
- Lead Union Settlement’s charity team for the TCS New York City Marathon.
- Design and produce online materials related to volunteers, the Associate Board and charity marathon team.
- 1+ year of Salesforce administration required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and two years of demonstrated experience in a related position;
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Word and Excel experience essential; web or graphic design experience (Adobe suite, video editing) helpful.
- Experience with volunteer management preferred.
- Excellent organizational ability and interpersonal skills.
- A dedicated work ethic, diligence, and readiness to be a hands-on team member with a keen eye for detail.
- Overall flexibility and ability to work under pressure and meet many deadlines.
- Familiarity with social service programs.
- A strong desire to help improve the lives of the residents of the East Harlem community.
$40,000 - $50,000
How to Apply
Please send Cover Letter, Resume, and Salary Requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate Development Associate for Volunteer Programs and Database Management in subject of e-mail.
Submissions without salary requirements will not be considered.