Founded in 1972, the Emelin Theatre brings exciting and diverse performing arts to southern Westchester County. As we continue to present emerging and established artists in all genres of music, comedy, dance, family theatre, and independent film, the Emelin seeks a full time Director of Development to build upon its history and success. With a robust history and reputation, the Emelin offers a fundraising professional the opportunity to build effective and sustainable giving programs that will support our growing programming and organization. As one of the few professional performing arts venues in the area, the Emelin holds an important and cherished position in the community, providing a strong foundation for continued fundraising efforts. The Emelin raises approximately 50% of its $1.5M annual budget and the Director of Development will help us to strengthen existing relationships while developing new opportunities for future giving.
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plan, including proposals for government, foundation, and corporate funding, in collaboration with the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Work closely with colleagues to implement strategic approaches to increase the donor base, improve online giving, and build contributions.
- Plan and coordinate the annual gala in collaboration with Board of Directors and staff. Work with Board of Directors to develop opportunities for smaller cultivation and special events.
- Manage the activities and growth of the Development department and supervise part-time Development Associate.
- Craft effective grant proposals, reports, and solicitations and oversee research of new funding opportunities.
- 3 to 5 years demonstrated ability in arts fundraising and event planning/management.
- Experience in establishing, cultivating and maintaining fundraising relationships with individuals and grant organizations.
- Working knowledge of genres of performing arts including music, film, dance, and family programs;
- Outstanding skills in communication, writing, administration and organization.
- Knowledge of donor management software and expertise with Microsoft Office software. Digital and social media experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment with flexible schedule that includes some evenings and weekends.
Full time position with benefits package. Annual salary commensurate with experience and organizational budget. The position is currently available and will begin as soon as a candidate is identified. The Emelin fosters a positive work/life balance for staff with flexible scheduling and some remote working opportunities. The Emelin is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com.
Please indicate Director of Development in the subject line.