The Heising-Simons Foundation is a family foundation that works to advance sustainable solutions in climate and clean energy, enable groundbreaking research in science, enhance the education of our youngest learners, and support human rights for all people.
We currently have three open positions, based in our Los Altos and/or San Francisco offices:
- Executive Assistant, Education
- Program Associate, Early Education
- Program Associate (Generalist)
These full-time positions provide high-level administrative and program-related support to our program staff.
- 3+ years of relevant administrative experience, preferably providing executive-level support.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of the grantmaking process, and how nonprofits function, is preferred.
- Able to plan and prioritize workflow and meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently and reliably, take initiative, troubleshoot and be solution-oriented.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Flexible, collaborative, and willing to assist others.
- Able to explain Foundation’s history, values, and current funding initiatives.
- Experience with grants management databases, preferably Salesforce, is a plus.
- A sense of teamwork, community, humor, and integrity.
The foundation offers competitive salaries and excellent employee benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applicants who will contribute to our diversity.