Conveners.org recognizes the transformative power that convening, when done right, has to positively change the world. Conveners.org was created to foster coordination, collaboration, and learning among impact-focused conveners, accelerators, and mappers. We are a nonprofit organization that develops programs, tools, and resources to support these communities in advancing systems-level change. Conveners.org is a California nonprofit mutual benefit corporation with the following programs:
- Convening the Conveners-- a peer-learning network for conference and event organizers in the social impact space. Our members come together to solve problems, share best practices, learn, experiment, and most importantly, connect.
- Accelerating the Accelerators-- plays a similar role for social impact competitions, incubators, and accelerators.
- Mapping the Mappers-- a program focused on coordinating the efforts of organizations working to map the impact ecosystems.
- Convening Circles-- a training and support program for hosts to drive action with their communities.
- Convening 17-- a collective impact initiative for Conveners.org members to create a conversation that evolves over time focused on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Conveners.org has accomplished a great deal in the last five years with a small and strategic team, and we need leadership bolstering our fundraising function and communicating our story while managing the operations to continue to grow and thrive. This is a full time remote position that reports to the Executive Director and will work closely with all organizational partners, members, network connections, the board, and relevant stakeholders. We are looking for someone to partner with the Executive Director to create realistic fundraising targets with a rough goal of raising $250K through grants, individual contributions, corporate sponsorship, Convening Circles clients, membership revenue, and/or training revenue.
We are looking for a passionate, detail oriented person who is self-driven, and holds strong relationships in the impact sector. Our ideal candidate will be a connector who is dedicated to cultivating relationships on trust and who exceeds at following through. Our ideal candidate will be an excellent word-smith with a passion for building funder relationships. This role has tremendous potential to build and deepen funder relations for the organization, where a strong member network is already thriving. This position will be able to improve the caliber of marketing materials and create fundraising collateral, while enhancing sales through marketing on the website.
STORYTELLING & MARKETING
- Materials Creation - Build out and design materials including storytelling pieces, sales and marketing brochures, decks, and state of the ecosystem report.
- Website Copy - Occasional copy editing for the website to keep messaging on point and relevant.
- Blog - Source original content, drafting blogs from member engagement and data gathering activities.
- Monthly Newsletters - Draft Conveners & Accelerators monthly newsletters.
- Monthly Cross-Promotion Bulletins (CPB) - Manage the virtual assistant to compile cross-promotion entries to the website and managing the RSS feed for monthly CPB.
- Social Media - Promote the brand and create the social media strategy and content; maintaining constant communication with the community promoting their news and creating adwords/hashtags for high visibility. This could be done by volunteers or part-time staff with oversight from this position (along with newsletters and bulletins).
RELATIONSHIP CULTIVATION & FUNDRAISING
- New Leads - Generate prospects for grants/individual contributions through current or new connections.
- Grants Management - Lead grant writing, reporting, and prospect research.
- Leadership Partnership - Engage the board and partner with the Executive Director to create strategic growth plans, fundraising goals, and prioritize opportunities for the organization.
- Convening Circles & Training - Support closing clients for convening circles/trainings; close new members.
- Knowledge Management - Update and build the CRM with new and relevant information, and set up moves management and relationship cultivation organization wide.
- A personal priority on relationships. This is a high-touch organization, and trust and transparency are our currency.
- Hold a strong reputation with diverse relationships in the impact space, especially related to fundraising with 5 - 10 years of raising funds for impact organizations (nonprofit, for profit, or social enterprise).
- Demonstrated results in fundraising, with a proven track record of building a pipeline and securing individual gifts, foundation gifts, and corporate sponsorships, and partnerships.
- Excellent communication, planning, analytical, and budgeting skills.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills; able to present, influence, and engage a wide range of audiences.
- A flexible, professional, adaptable team player who enjoys working on a small collaborative team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a meticulous attention to detail as this is a remote position and you will be responsible for managing your time.
- Experience leading communications strategy (messaging, print/online materials design, reports, and PR).
- A mind for process design, detail, the thrill of creating a well-oiled machine.
- An affinity for technology, new tools, and improving efficiency in operating. Experience with Wordpress, Mailchimp, Pipedrive CRM, Google Applications, and/or Microsoft Office.
- Graphic Design Skills are required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
This is a full time exempt employee position. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience there is an opportunity for performance related bonuses. The Conveners.org staff and board’s core principles include Radical Transparency, Health and Family First, Strategic Planning as a Virtue, Clear and Open Communication, and Self-Governance.
We are a distributed team and support flexible schedules, including the ability to choose holidays. Conveners.org is connected to a great deal of names in social impact, so we are offering a true networking and growth opportunity in the space. Finally, we offer the option to opt in to global conferences, though travel is not required.
How to Apply
We prefer this position to be based in San Francisco, but will consider other locations. To apply, please email your resume, a short cover letter, and a writing sample (marketing material, marketing website, sales collateral, or fundraising deck - which can be redacted for privacy from a previous client) to Avary Kent at Avary@conveners.org.
Please highlight previous experience in executive leadership or why you are qualified to lead at the executive level. We are hoping to bring this position on in the fall of 2018 or early 2019.
Conveners.org is an equal opportunity employer striving to create a diverse workforce. We are seeking a diverse candidate pool and welcome candidates from a wide range of backgrounds.