Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
Reporting to the Senior Associate Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, the Senior Administrative Assistant will provide comprehensive administrative support for frontline fundraising officers in the Corporate and Foundation Relations unit in the Yale Office of Development. The Senior Administrative Assistant will have a range of responsibilities including but not limited to: 1) Scheduling meetings with both internal and external constituents; 2) data entry into Yale’s alumni and donor database (HOPPER); 3) filing and distribution of documents including stewardship materials and reports; 4) working with frontline fundraising officers, coordinate logistics for all facets of on-campus and off-site donor visits; 5) process incoming donor contributions in accordance with university policies and procedures; 6) process expenses in accordance with university policies and procedures; and 7) assist with special projects as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor's degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact well with faculty and staff across the university.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a deadline-oriented manner; flexibility in handling assignments; and disciplined follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated editing and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Preferred Education and Experience: Experience in working within higher education administration and/or other complex organizations. Knowledge of Yale University systems and procedures, including those for expense reporting.
How to Apply
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at https://bit.ly/2pBEVPF. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.