LUMBERYARD is a new center for film and the performing arts, based in the Hudson Valley.
Grounded in an artist-first mission and strong social-impact programming, LUMBERYARD has created a bold new model for funding the performing arts in the United States. Our acclaimed technical residencies provide essential resources to performing artists in the period immediately preceding a premiere. Since 2011, we have hosted over 75 companies, and counting.
Originally based in Maryland, Lumberyard presented its first season in the Hudson Valley in Summer 2018. Fall/Winter 2018-19 marks its first season in its brand new state-of-the-art, 20,000+ square feet facility.
In addition to presenting performing arts productions, Lumberyard’s 2-acre campus is home to other artistic and commercial activities. Lumberyard is a Qualified Film Production (QPF) facility that can accommodate film, television and commercial productions. In addition, Lumberyard operates a venue rentals program for weddings as well as other social and community events.
Lumberyard seeks an experienced General Manager (GM) for its film and performing arts center in Catskill, NY. This is a permanent position with benefits. The GM reports to the Executive Director.
- Front of House, Box Office Manager, Company Manger and Event Staff will report directly to the GM.
- Manage and build all internal communication systems for direct reports and between GM and Director of Production, Producer, Marketing and Finance
- Oversee building maintenance and operations of Catskill facility
- Vet potential vendors and review contracts with COO
- Coordinate application of required one-time and annual permits (such as annual alcohol license, CPR certification, TIPS training)
- Coordinate short- and long-term rentals, draft contracts, coordinate necessary personnel for rentals
- Maintain log of rental payments; report rental projections to ED/COO
- Oversee execution of contracts for residencies, presentations, special event performances, and production-related vendor contracts
- Maintain contract log and signature status of all companies and artists
- Ensure that contracted obligations of both parties are being met; alerting Producer when requests exceed contracted agreements
- Process company fees, contract payments, and other considerations for visiting companies
- Maintain log of payment status and due dates
- Confirm visiting company and vendor compliance of insurance and other contractual requirements
- Coordinate application of liability insurance for artists as needed
- Execute studio and venue rental contracts for productions and events
- Oversee facility maintenance budget and execution
- Responsible for hiring vendors and contractors to oversee facility maintenance to ensure facility operations.
- Ensure that regular service/maintenance contracts are being fulfilled
5 years work experience as a General Manager or a Master’s degree in Theater Management plus 2 years of experience as a General Manager.
How to Apply
Apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by November 30, 2018.