Safe Horizon envisions a society free of family and community violence. We will lead the way by empowering victims of domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault and human trafficking to move from crisis to confidence.
Safe Horizon's mission is to provide support, prevent violence and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities.
Domestic Violence Emergency Shelter programs offer a comprehensive range of services including counseling, advocacy, intervention, and support to meet the needs of victims and their families.
Director of Shelters
Essential Job Functions: The Case Manager provides both practical advocacy services and support to domestic violence survivors and their children in a residential setting.
- Duties may include some or all of the following:
- Conducting intakes and assessments with potential residents;
- Working with residents to formulate and maintain relevant, meaningful case plans;
- Developing and maintaining case records that document services provided to residents;
- Providing concrete case management and current, effective resources to residents;
- Advocating on behalf of residents with city agencies and other services providers;
- Meeting regularly with residents to ensure the family is on track with case plans;
- Participating in staff meetings, case conferences, and other meetings as needed;
- Facilitate / Co-facilitate support groups as needed;
- Building service partnerships with related community-based organizations;
- Assisting in the daily operations of the work site; and
- Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor Degree in human service or a related field and a minimum of two years relevant experience are required.
- Good oral and written communication and computer skills are necessary
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to domestic violence, child abuse and neglect, and sexual abuse is required.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employmentAmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins and disabilities, as well citizen, marital, protected veteran and HIV statuses.
How to Apply
Apply online via the following link: https://safehorizon.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=701