The Texas Water Foundation seeks a highly motivated and energetic professional to lead the Foundation in advancing sustainable water management across Texas. The Executive Director will have a deep understanding of the water field and be able to cultivate the Foundation’s relationships with decision-makers. The Executive Director will also possess the ambition, optimism, and drive necessary to grow the Foundation’s resources and influence. The Executive Director will report to the Foundation’s Board of Directors and be responsible for the Foundation’s strategy, programs, operations, and staff.
The current President and CEO of the Foundation, Carole Baker, and select TWF board members will be involved in the on-boarding process for the new Executive Director.
Set, pursue, and achieve objectives of the Foundation’s new Strategic Plan
- Implement the Foundation’s strategic plan and set issue-specific goals that are ambitious but preserve the Foundation’s reputation for providing objective advice.
- Working with the Foundation’s Board to implement and manage a sustainable business model as envisioned in the Foundation’s strategic plan (see specifics below).
- Work with the Foundation Board to refine and/or revise the strategic plan to reflect progress and/or changed conditions or priorities.
- Regularly communicate progress to the Board, funders, and the public, as appropriate
Promote sustainable water policies
- Work closely with policymakers during Texas State legislative and interim sessions to make recommendations on legislative and policy issues.
- Develop legislative agendas, priorities, and strategies that advance opportunities for statewide sustainable water policies.
Strengthen relationships with state and local policymakers and decision-makers and water stakeholders who have an interest and need in protecting and conserving Texas’ water.
Grow the Foundation
- Establish and operationalize new program concepts as identified in the strategic plan; navigate change adeptly as obstacles arise.
- Serve as the face of the Foundation and establish a statewide presence to publicize the Foundation’s programs and services.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, elected and appointed officials, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the Foundation.
- Diversify revenue streams and expand fundraising to support expansion: manage and build relationships with individual and philanthropic donors, conduct outreach to prospective partners, and develop capacity to undertake fee-for-service work.
- Collaborate with the Board to diversify and strengthen the Foundation leadership
Manage the Foundation
- Develop new and unique ways to improve operations and systems of the Foundation and to create new opportunities.
- Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create, and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Build a strong team that has the right technical skills and personality to further the Foundation's mission.
- Manage staff, programs, fundraising, and budget.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field.
- Experience in Texas water policy and a strong commitment to the Foundation’s mission.
- At least five years of management experience and a demonstrated ability to set and achieve objectives, build relationships, raise funding, and manage budgets effectively.
- Ability to objectively advise policymakers and promote the public’s interest fairly.
- Strong communications skills and the ability to engage with and facilitate diverse stakeholders.
- A record of leadership that has taken an organization to the next level.
- An energetic, action-oriented, adaptable, and passionate attitude.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Please forward your cover letter, resume, three references, and a one-page writing sample by November 30, 2018 to email@example.com.