- Do you have a track record of intellectual rigor and academic achievement?
- Are you interested in building deep knowledge on a variety of topics?
- Are you curious about research and how it relates to practice?
- Are you able to withhold judgment, remain humble at all times and open yourself up to inquiry, challenge, and change?
- Do you read voraciously across a range of resources?
- Would you like to learn about the role philanthropy can play having a social impact?
If you answered YES to all of the above, we invite you apply to the Robertson Foundation for a full-time position on our team.
The Robertson Foundation: The Robertson Foundation is a private, family-led foundation established in 1996 by Julian Robertson and his wife Josie. By taking a targeted yet creative approach to philanthropy, Mr. Robertson, the Chairman of Tiger Management LLC., and his family seek to have a positive social impact and create a legacy that reflects the family’s values. At present, the Robertson Foundation is predominantly focused on grantmaking in medical sciences, environment and climate, and public education improvement. In its grantmaking, the Robertson Foundation seeks to optimize the potential impact of its grants.
Analysts will provide dynamic and varied support to and contribute to multiple and diverse projects across the Foundation’s development and grantmaking activities, with a likely emphasis on medical sciences. This position is an ideal opportunity for an individual seeking philanthropic exposure, who is curious by nature and has wide-ranging interests and would like to work professionally, productively and respectfully with nonprofit organizations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Portfolio development: Conducting, reviewing and synthesizing research; producing concise and insightful internal and external communications on research and grantmaking; managing and engaging in knowledge development, as directed.
- Grants management and support: Effectively supporting Foundation leadership across multiple grants; reviewing grantee information and data; communicating with grantees to collect and analyze qual/quant data in an effort to complete and maintain the Foundation’s core records.
Background and characteristics of strong candidates:
- Undergraduate degree and 2-5 years of work experience and/or recent post-graduate experience; prior exposure to medical science a plus
- Strong interest in the Foundation’s funding areas
- Excellent written, oral communication and research skills
- Accurate and meticulous attention to detail in all matters
- Demonstrated interest in the Foundation’s grant-making approach and areas of funding
- Flexible and adaptable with a sense of humor
The position is full-time and based in New York City; compensation includes salary and full benefits package.
How to Apply
If interested, please email or send a cover letter and resume to Ruth Brenner at email@example.com or 101 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10178.
Robertson Foundation values diversity and is committed to the recruitment and retention of individuals of diverse backgrounds, sex, race, religion, age, disability, gender preference and sexual orientation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Please submit all electronic materials in PDF format.