Established in 1956, Foundation Center is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training, it connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. Foundation Center maintains the most comprehensive database on U.S. and, increasingly, global grantmakers and their grants — a robust, accessible knowledge bank for the sector. It also operates research, education, and training programs designed to advance knowledge of philanthropy at every level. Thousands of people visit Foundation Center's website each day and are served in its five regional hubs and its network of more than 400 funding information centers located in public libraries, community foundations, and educational institutions nationwide and around the world.
Primarily responsible for handling and reconciling the Center’s cash receipts including reconciling them to supporting documentation and recording these transactions into the general ledger. Prepares bank reconciliations and provides a variety of administrative support to the accounting department.
Director of Finance
- Process Net 30 payments and bills all prepaid orders
- Performs the following reconciliations:
- Reconciles cash received and processed through the NetSuite
- Reconciles the NetSuite Report with the batches
- Reconciles the Marketplace and Mail or Telephone orders (MOTO) NetSuite Reports with the CyberSource Pending Settlement Report, Batch Summary and Detailed Reports.
- Reconciles the Foundation Directory Online (FDO) cash receipts with CyberSource Batch Summary reports and NetSuite reports, resolves all discrepancies.
- Reconciles Grants Receivable.
- Prepares the journal entry recording the cash received from Grants to Individuals (GTI) Online.
- Deposits/scans checks received in the bank and then adjusts “Undeposited Funds” to “Deposited” in the NetSuite system.
- Maintains Excel file for Point of Sale (POS) credit card transactions in various states (NY, DC, CA, GA, and CL), reconciling NetSuite and Credit Card Statement.
- Handles all product related wire transfers in NetSuite.
- Processes credit card refunds.
- Processes customer check refunds from A/R.
- Processes intrabank transfers as needed.
- Process miscellaneous deposits.
- File journal entries for recordkeeping purposes (as needed).
- Prepares responses to chargebacks, maintains chargebacks Excel file.
- Places stop payment on A/P checks.
- Receives and processes money transfers send through Western Union, Money Gram as needed.
- Prepares summary of cash receipts and disbursements for Chase regular and credit card accounts.
- Provides backup when the other Accounting Associate is absent
- Processes transfers from Credit Card account to Regular Checking account.
- Processes field offices Bookstore Sales Reports.
- Prepares all bank reconciliations with related journal entries.
- Provides list of A/P outstanding checks.
- Prepares sales taxes for all applicable states (some monthly, some quarterly, some annually)
Special projects as needed:
- Provides administrative support to the accounting department such as photocopying, faxing and filing.
- Performs other duties and special projects, as assigned.
BA/BS degree and 1-2 years of accounting experience. Must have a strong grasp of the fundamental principles of accounting, be detail-oriented, well-organized, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment. Candidate should have solid knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel. Knowledge of NetSuite preferred; SalesForce, Stripe, and EventBrite a plus.
How to Apply
This is a short-term, non-benefits eligible position. Only candidates seriously considering short-term work will be considered.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
For more information on positions available at the Foundation Center please visit our website:http://foundationcenter.org/about-us/work-at-foundation-center/job-openings
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Foundation Center is an equal opportunity employer.