Point Blue is searching for a conservation-minded leader to be our Contracts & Grants Administrator. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about contract execution, grant agreements, pre and post-award administration and compliance. Interdepartmental collaboration requires the Contracts & Grants Administrator to work at the Petaluma office located next to Schollenberger Park (a 165-acre wetland park home to 225 species of birds)
Point Blue is proud to be a “boots on the ground” conservation science organization. We work from the Sierra to the sea, across the Western Hemisphere and as far away as Antarctica, preparing for the changes—and challenges—ahead. Point Blue’s 160 scientists work to reduce the impacts of climate change, habitat loss, and other environmental threats. We have curated and shared over one billion ecological observations from science professionals and citizen scientists. We’re turning decades of data and knowledge into game-changing conservation actions.
A recent United Nations report points to the urgent need to take action to slow global warming. And a new federal report finds that climate change is affecting the natural environment, agriculture, energy production and use, land and water resources, transportation, and human health and welfare across the country. Our research helps to educate and inform partners such as federal (forest service, fish & wildlife), local and state government agencies, water managers, farmers, ranchers. We understand that real solutions come from working together.
As our Contracts & Grants Administrator, you would play a vital role in the wide reaching impact of our work. Managing the financial elements of working with over 60 of our partners enables us to collaborate and leverage our science on a much larger scale.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
- Manage partnership contracts and grants in an efficient, timely and compliant manner
- Cultivate relationships with external grant managers and program officers of funding bodies
- Update and maintain knowledge across the range of externally sponsored activities, including the areas of grant proposal development, submission, agreements, and pre and post-award administration
- Track grant requirements and deliverables
- Verify that general ledger detail accurately reflects program activity
- In collaboration with finance team, creates system for maintaining adequate documentation of grant expenditures
- Collaborate with and advises program managers on reporting, approvals, and budgets for grant expenditures
- Ensure vendor contract and procedures are in compliance and monitors payments.
- Prepare and submits periodic grant reports and invoices, as required
- In conjunction with the Controller, compiles financial and non-financial data for the preparation of internal reports, compliance reports, and grant billings
- Ensure that all required fiscal reports are prepared and submitted in accordance with grant or contract requirements
- Represents Point Blue in annual A-133 audit and other federal agency reviews
The individual must exercise effective professional judgment an possess a demonstrated ability to collaborate and perform as team leader, be self-motivated, resourceful and able to effectively manage multiple tasks with competing priorities on time.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of three (3) years of grant administration experience -- proven success in managing complex grants and contracts from conception to conclusion
- Familiarity with the requirements of Federal OMB Circulars A-110, A-122 and A-133
- Experience working with federal grants or cooperative agreements
- Experience with creating fiscal budgets
- Experience in cost accounting and financial management systems
- Experience evaluating internal controls
- Excellent verbal and listening skills; strong oral presentation ability
- Strong business writing skills including
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Financial Edge or similar financial database
Point Blue is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability status of an otherwise qualified individual, membership or application for membership in a uniformed service, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law and will make reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to complete the application and/or participate in the interview process
DOE; great benefits
How to Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: PointBlueCSJobs@gmail.com; please put “I’m the One!” in the subject line.