Since 1968, the Center for Enriched Living (CEL) has ensured that people with developmental disabilities are included in the community, achieve personal success and enjoy a good quality of life. With the support of our dynamic, energetic and fun staff, CEL members are encouraged and supported to live their best lives. At CEL, youth and adults are leading better lives through programs that provide a sense of belonging along with life and employment skills, recreation, fun, and social engagement.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Director of Development, the Development Manager will oversee fundraising efforts as the Center for Enriched Living continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Development Manager will have the opportunity to shape the annual development plan.
The ideal candidate has experience with annual giving, event management, corporate sponsorships, major gifts and database management and analysis (Raiser’s Edge experience is a plus.) We are looking for an optimistic fundraiser with broad general experience who is a life-long learner. The Development Manager’s responsibilities include supervision of the team, overseeing the development plan with the DoD, creating the annual fund plan with writing solicitations, list segmentation, online giving, coordinating and supporting gift solicitation activities, stewardship of donors, statistical reporting and analysis. The Development Manager is donor centered and can relate to all the constituencies that support CEL.
Director of Development
- Develop and execute CEL’s annual fundraising plan
- Oversee staff responsible for Raiser’s Edge data entry, gift processing, and gift acknowledgments,
- Oversee special events staff
- Develop, manage and supervise the agency’s stewardship programs and activities
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Collaborate on planning of agency’s annual meeting, stewardship, and recognition events.
- Hire Development Staff
- Represent DoD at meetings when needed
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university required in related field.
- Five-plus years with progressively responsible experience working in all aspects of development.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial and communication skills (Verbal and written)
- Knowledge of databases (Raiser’s Edge is a plus)
Full time, exempt position, 40 hours per week.
Health, dental, vision, 403(b), life insurance, paid time off.
How to Apply
Send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.