Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Development, the Development Prospect Management Officer has oversight of the Office of Development’s Prospect Management policies & guidelines, which serve as the University’s guiding principles for how front line fundraisers work with prospects across the university. Partnering closely with the Assistant Vice President of Development, the Development Prospect Management Officer will be responsible for performing a wide range of prospect management tasks including, but not limited to, monitoring prospect assignments, engaging in pipeline development and analysis, ensuring portfolio optimization, and implementing prospect management efforts that are forward-looking, capitalizing on emerging technologies and existing resources. Additionally, the Development Prospect Management Officer partners closely with front line fundraising teams (primarily Major Gifts, Leadership Giving, Reunion Giving, and Planned Giving), fosters collaboration, and consistently follows prospect management best practices in fundraising in higher education.
Dept/Section URL: https://giving.yale.edu/jobs/development-prospect-management-officer
- Analytical Skills – Ability to analyze information and data to help formulate solicitation strategies and assist with other elements of prospect management.
- Problem Solving Skills – Ability to synthesize and provide problem-solving, idea creation and overall strategy guidance related to elements of prospect management.
- Project Management – Ability to manage multiple projects and processes concurrently adhering to deadlines and a keen attention to detail.
- Leadership Skills – Ability to provide oversight and guidance to fundraisers and other colleagues on elements of prospect management.
- Technological Skills – Possess a strong working knowledge of donor data, ability to understand and work within a CRM system.
Preferred Education and Experience: Experience working in higher education or an equivalent complex environment.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and five years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/2PVNwMN. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.