The Senior Director, National Digital Content will spearhead our digital-first content and social media strategy and content development for special national programming projects, working closely with the EVP & CPO, programming, education, and engagement staff. In addition, the Senior Director will expand and deepen impact with users, viewers and other customers by developing partnerships, sponsorships, content and social media leveraging WETA/PBS brands in the digital space.
- Identify and develop opportunities for national digital content growth and partnership.
- Specifically in the areas of digital content, education, and engagement.
- Also with other PBS stations.
- Define goals and objectives, develop budgets, and oversee creation of metrics to measure and report on reach and impact of content and related engagement.
- Participate in development of potential areas for funding and revenue sources.
- Collaborate with Corporate, Foundation and Major Giving Departments to seek funds for projects. Prepare and submit proposals to PBS, CPB, NEH and others.
- Manage national digital content production including supervising platform and partner selection, major technical choices (Bento, etc.), scripting, graphics, and all cuts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with digital content producers and partners.
- Manage producers, project staff, and/or contract employees in national digital content.
- Stay up to date on the latest social media trends and platforms.
- Deliver all content and initiatives on time and on budget with positive margins.
- Monitor social media related to projects and direct activities to improve same.
- Collaborate with internal departments and external partners.
- Perform related special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Prior leadership roles with a record of success.
- Lead and manage staff and delegating tasks.
- Maintain and promote a calm, upbeat atmosphere.
- Prior experience developing and producing national broadcast and digital content.
- Pro-active self-starter who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Working knowledge of the technical aspects of content creation.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and comfort with public presentation.
- Demonstrated interest in industry trends and innovations in broadcast and digital.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum ten years of progressively responsible positions in long-form content production for national broadcast and/or digital-first national content.
- Experience with different types of broadcast and digital media content.
- Extensive familiarity and facility with social media content creation and marketing.
- Interest in the evolution of social and digital media, particularly as applied to public media.
- News and long-form content production for national public media preferred.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
To apply through our online application, please click here to be directed to the careers page at WETA. To confirm that a WETA or PBS NewsHour job posting is under recruitment, please visit our websites for our current job postings list: www.weta.org and www.pbs.org/newshour/.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.