Do you love showing off growth in your organization? Are you a standout colleague? If you answered yes, our Marketing Associate position may be for you. As a member of our communications team, you will support the marketing and communications functions of the PBS NewsHour. To do this, we'll have you work on a wide range of writing, research, presentation, and database management projects to help promote the program to potential corporate donors, foundation funders, individual donors, and the media. Additionally, you'll work with multiple internal and external parties to synthesize, organize, and communicate information about the NewsHour to these audiences.
- We need you to understand the NewsHour program and brand.
- You will be researching and identifying marketing trends, and opportunities that best complement the brand. Then, make recommendations on what we should pursue.
- Assist with writing and crafting attractive marketing proposals, concept papers, letters, and other material that will be distributed internally and externally to promote our brand.
- Update and maintain a database for NewsHour on-air funder credits while working with staff to ensure proper crediting of corporate, individual, and foundation donors.
- You will also assist with public relations activities and projects, including writing press releases, promoting NewsHour content to pertinent organizations and media, and managing media databases and the NewsHour media tool kit.
As assigned, you'll perform related special projects or other duties.
- Has demonstrated knowledge of general office procedures and technology. We use Microsoft Office programs and you'll be using database management software. Having a deep understanding of computer technology will be helpful in this position. Experience using PowerPoint for presentations is a plus.
- Is excellent with verbal and written communication. You should have a customer service orientation, tact, and diplomacy. We're also looking for you to anticipate what's next, take initiative, and meet deadlines.
- Has shown project management, organizational and analytic skills. We'll ask that you successfully work independently and in a team environment, manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks, be flexible and detail oriented. Also, you use good judgment and are able to handle confidential matters.
- Can work pre-scheduled evenings and weekend hours as needed.
- Has two to three years of work experience in a similar environment, Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, journalism, communications, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with media is helpful.
How to Apply
PBS NewsHour is a wholly-owned, non-profit subsidiary of WETA. To apply through our online application, please click here to be directed to the careers page at WETA. To confirm that a WETA or PBS NewsHour job posting is under recruitment, please visit our websites for our current job postings list: www.weta.org and www.pbs.org/newshour/.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.