TITLE: Communications Manager
FSLA Classification: Exempt STATUS: Full-Time
DATE: December 12, 2018 DIVISION: Admin.
The Communications Manager will help promote NDS’s mission, its brand and its services through our website, social media, newsletters and press releases. The successful candidate will be tasked with drafting, editing and posting updates and materials to our various online platforms. They will also plan marketing campaigns and develop communication strategies. All duties and responsibilities will be performed in close coordination with the Executive Director.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
- Create, write, edit and produce press releases, publications and printed materials.
- Collaborate with NDS staff to develop client success stories, coverage of conferences and community outreach and for social media, newsletter and website publications.
- Work closely with the Development Consultant to coordinate communications with major fundraising campaigns and events and build individual and board giving
- Draft, edit and post regular language highlighting success stories, anecdotes, staff profiles and links to NDS in the news.
- Design and create effective presentations for the executive team (interactive-multimedia-PowerPoint presentations with charts, graphs, timelines & diagrams).
- Coordinate to post any campaign stories/updates to digital platforms.
- Analyze the quality of existing online communications and fundraising platforms and work creatively to improve them.
- Conduct research on social media and digital campaign best practices.
- Plan marketing campaigns and communication strategies that promote organizational priorities, including criminal justice reforms, child welfare reforms, housing preservation, immigration reforms, eliminating racism in the justice system and excellence in collaborative public defense.
- Liaise with press.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Experience with web content management.
- Proficiency in the use of graphic design software.
- Video editing skills are a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Interest in Nonprofit marketing and/or criminal justice issues.
- BA degree, fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Demonstrated background in communications/marketing or other relevant fields.
Based on experience
How to Apply
email Tony Acosta at email@example.com